» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 622

0 members and 622 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Despite the fact I don't quite understand or believe in religious celebrations;
    I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Easter full of yummy chocolate!

HAPPY EASTER.

Robyna,

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    Despite the fact I don't quite understand or believe in religious celebrations;
    I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Easter full of yummy chocolate!

HAPPY EASTER.

Robyna,

Christianity lay claim that on the day we celebrate as Christmas, a man called Jesus was born with the sole purpose of bringing the Word of God to the people of Israel. Christianity also contends that throughout his life as a Prophet and a Teacher of God's Love, he made many enemies mostly of those that were either fearful of him, confused by him or felt he was a threat to the King by proclaiming He was the King of the Jews. We know of Jesus' Death which occurred on what we call Good Friday and on the third day which we call Easter,
    Jesus rose from his grave to walk amongst us again, proving that all he had said was in fact true since no man before him rose from the dead.

Of course this is nothing you don't already know and most believe that a man was indeed born and crucified on the Cross. Many Scholars have found evidence that Jesus did walk amongst us however from Christ' Birth until he was in his thirties, there is literally nothing written about his life. The name Christ actually means Messiah which is how Jesus was considered in Islam. His name wasn't Jesus Christ, Christ is what he was thought to be.

So this is how you can understand it and as for believing in religious celebrations, well they actually happen as completely misguided as they are. Take Christmas for instance, this is a Holiday as explained above that is basically to celebrate the birth of Jesus. However in modern day we've allowed the Story of the First Noel (Three Wise Men) to be completely distorted and taken out of context.

We have inadvertently mistaken or purposefully invoked the meaning of Giving
    Gifts, to this massive commercial tradition every year that leaves families with little or no money and/or incurring large debt to buy gifts for people mostly out of traditional obligation, which makes absolutely no sense what so ever, given the purpose of Jesus' life had nothing at all to do with giving gifts.

For those who elect to attend Mass or exercise quiet Prayer and reflection, to recognize and give praise to Jesus, this would be as close to the point as one can get. What we've done to Christmas is nothing less than insane displays of greed, ignorance and self glory when one claims outwardly or within, "Look what I bought for you". So I agree with you in every sense that until we begin to worship these Religious Holidays as they should be celebrated, we will continue to suffer and walk blindly into the future.

Um...no religious lecture from me, just thank you and you too!

Happy Easter!
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com