» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 550

0 members and 550 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

View Poll Results: How many more Grand Slams for Roger Federer?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero [he should've retired after winning the US Open '08]

1 14.29%
  • 1 or 2

4 57.14%
  • 3 or 4

2 28.57%
  • 5+ [he's back]

0 0%

Federer stuck at Thirteen?

How many more Grand Slams will Roger Federer win? Poll closes May 15, 2009.
    Last edited by Lawn Tennis; 04-15-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Although Roger is playing some pretty bad ball as of late, I'm still not willing to consider he's done for. Roger has a great feel for Wimbledon. I don't know if he's going to make it to the Finals but should he, I find it hard to believe he's going to allow another loss on Center Court like last year regardless of who's against him in the finals.

Roger Federer
    , if by any chance in the World you pop in here, I think it's time to start thinking about changing up your strategy. What you do that made you #1 isn't working anymore but you are talented enough to adapt to the change in the Men's Game, so first go back to basics and then work on your Net Game,
    Then work on the ground game. I noticed you seemed to be afraid to take chances. Well you'll need to get over that and quickly or you'll need to retire.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

I'm putting my bet on him winning the US open,
    as it is his best surface.
    I hope he can redeem his number one title but I think it's to late,
    Rafa is powering ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    I'm putting my bet on him winning the US open,
    as it is his best surface.
    I hope he can redeem his number one title but I think it's to late,
    Rafa is powering ahead.
    yeah, Rafa does seem unstoppable right now. i may go to the US open this summer, and i would defintitely love to see him tie the record of ol' Pete Sampras.

Federer is great player no matter what, but for someone who wanted to be the best of all time he made strategic mistake for not having permanent coach; someone who would permanently develop his technique, and think ahead of time what has to be done. He was almost mocking at others for not having a coach, and now is pay off time. Federer is in great physical shape, he has great footwork and court coverage but for player of this caliber he is very deficient technically: especially one handed backhand, volleys, and even his serve is not good enough for the player of this caliber. In years he has improved in these departments, but not enough considering his talents. He did not have a person who would think long term about his game, and about the game of the other competitors, and plan what to do in order that his reign lasts as long as possible. By doing so he made irreparable mistake which will definitely shorten his reign.

Posted May 19th, 2007

www.mytennistory.com

In Depth Description of Bringing a Child Up a Competitive Ladder with Advices and Recommendations
    Last edited by Bubo; 07-02-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Budo ~

First let me welcome you to TennisW.Com. I must apologize for the lateness but I had to take a few days off for personal reasons.Normally I like to be on everyday to be here and to greet new members. Looks like the others have already taken care of that (Thanks All)

As for Roger right now, we all have our theories and mine keep changing everytime I watch him play. If you read something I wrote from a month ago, it was probably clearly saying, Roger is simply going through a little slump that all Pro Players go through and he will recover quickly. Monte Carlo was a disgrace for him although Wawrinka isn't a bad player and was in position to take out Joko had he not taken his foot off the pedal. Quite possible he got over-whelmed by the thought that if he beat Novak, he would be in the Finals against Rafa and maybe that was too much for him because out of nowhere, all these uncharacteristic errors started coming off his racquet and these fluff ball passing shots that nobody would miss.

But the match with FedEx vs Wawrinka was annoying to watch. What was it? I swear to you when I say this but he didn't look like a Player I could beat on my best day. He actually looked like someone I could beat right now.

I can't help from remembering how Roger played against Andre Agassi in the 2005 USO Finals. It would have a been Andre's last opportunity to win a Major. All of New York was pulling for him including myself. But Roger Federer displayed some of the best Tennis my eyes have ever witnessed coming off the racquet of anybody. I say this without hesitation, Nobody on the Planet could have beaten Roger that day, the way he was striking the ball and for Andre to actually win a Set was a testament to his will & determination to fight as hard as he could. Andre was playing some very strong Tennis as well and the Backhand to Backhand rallies they were pounding at each other was breath-taking.

Where is that Roger Federer? Where the hell did he go? You know when Monica Seles was stabbed, it did so much psychological damage to her head that she just wasn't the same Monica anymore. She literally forgot how to strike the ball. Sure after awhile she made a serious effort but it was over for her. That incident messed her head up to a point of no return. Well I think Roger's back to back losses at Roland Garros & Wimbledon last year hurt Roger's mind more than people are willing to see. He's not the same Roger Federer anymore. It's like the guy we've been watching this past year is a look-alike and the real FedEx is in the Swiss Alps sitting in Lotus position, meditating with some Mystic Guru on the meaning of life.

When you're the #1 Player in the World and the entire Tour just can't beat you except for this one pesky young kid who knows how to slide around Clay a little better than you, comes out and makes you look like it's his 1st round match, then follows it up by taken away your Wimbledon Crown on what is his favorite surface, you saw a man truly beaten. Roger has lost all confidence that he can not beat Rafa anymore and that has gotten him so messed up in his head that he's allowing the rest of the tour to beat him up as well.

This guy had better get it together and do it rather quickly because the French is around the corner and then Wimbledon is here again. Instead of a Coach, he needs psycho therapy and fast.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

If someone can hook him up with Tony Robbins I think he'll come back big.

Quote Originally Posted by rchen83 View Post
    If someone can hook him up with Tony Robbins I think he'll come back big.
    and if anyone can afford personal attention from Mr. Robbins, one of them would be Federer. though it would be funny to see that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I can't help from remembering how Roger played against Andre Agassi in the 2005 USO Finals. It would have a been Andre's last opportunity to win a Major. All of New York was pulling for him including myself. But Roger Federer displayed some of the best Tennis my eyes have ever witnessed coming off the racquet of anybody. I say this without hesitation, Nobody on the Planet could have beaten Roger that day, the way he was striking the ball and for Andre to actually win a Set was a testament to his will & determination to fight as hard as he could. Andre was playing some very strong Tennis as well and the Backhand to Backhand rallies they were pounding at each other was breath-taking.
    i found the highlights of the '05 uso. it really is incredible.

I would say 3 to 4 more. Man, he already has a truckload, and he's so young! That's crazy!
    Master Tennis Mentally!
    http://www.TennisMindCamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by TennisMind View Post
    I would say 3 to 4 more. Man, he already has a truckload, and he's so young! That's crazy!
    no doubt. i think his biggest opstical will be his mental ability. Pete Sampras won his last Slam at the age 31. And as Federer himself said that legends like Andre Agassi hung around till their mid 30s, and he insinuated that he plans to do the same due to his love of the game.

btw, you didn't vote on the actual poll.
    Last edited by Lawn Tennis; 05-20-2009 at 09:25 PM.