» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 772

0 members and 772 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi i'm new to the forums and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jordan Willmore hence the username. I am 17 years old. I have played tennis since i was around ten years old. I have a very unique game style. I play right handed and serve left handed. I can still hit overheads from both sides though!

I have recently decided to start hitting 5-6 hours a day and try to get a pro ranking this summer. Also I will try to upload some footage of me playing, which should be interesting because I have never seen myself play..

Anyways hello!

Hey Jordan, welcome to TennisW.com! We're glad to have you join us and hope that you become an active member of our online tennis community.

Sometime soon I'll be working on making it so members can post YouTube videos here within threads. Keep an eye out for that (I'll post an announcement) and you can put your videos up that way on TW so members here can comment, etc.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Willmore View Post
    I have a very unique game style. I play right handed and serve left handed. I can still hit overheads from both sides though!
    wow, that is so cool! i actually was going to ask if anybody has ever played professional tennis with both their right and left hands. how did that get started? does your coach suggest that you not use such a style? welcome to the site!

Well I started playing when I was ten, and I took lessons at the local YMCA. I think they just assumed everyone was right handed so they only taught us to play that way. So that's how I grew up playing. Even so I serve really well left handed. My first serve gets into the 120's. I found it a great advantage during matches, most people have a really hard time returning left handed serves.

And to answer your question, no my coach doesn't discourage me from playing that way. I'll try to post vids soon so you can see.

120!!! i bet my serve is closer to 80, lol. maybe someday. yeah get some videos on here; we'd love to see you in action.