» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 709

0 members and 709 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Top racket brands?

to me, ive always though the top brands were: wilson, prince babolat, head in any order

but a lot of people talk about dunlop. y?

ive never seen a dunlop racket in person, seriously
    so r they more common where u guys live?

Talking Australia

They are very common in Australia and, are a quality racquet. (provided you dont buy the k-mart range)
    They are well represented on tour

i have a prince O3 hybrid shark and I'm happy with it. I kind of wish I had something a little lighter to get more racquet head speed (i demoed a speedport and it was amazing....didn't have the money though.)

the only dunlop i've ever seen is the one my high school coach uses. he recommended the brand to me; however, when i was demoing before i got my Hybrid i tried one and didn't much like it. to each his own, however.

Dunlop is definitely not comparable to brand such as Wilson, Prince, Volkl, Babolat eg.

Ones like the K-mart, Big W brands are a huge waste of money.

Other Dunlops, from real tennis shops are just at the 5/10 level.

If I were to choose the BEST Racket brand I'd go for Wilson.

Volki??? another one ive never seen in person...

o srry for the double post but i one a speedport black and it is a great racket.

my friend uses a Dunlop. i know nothing about it; perhaps i'll give it a try next time we play.

if u do, tell me what u think!

Volkl, (:
    Terrific.
    I have a couple, they're easy to handle and quite comfortable.
    They make you feel like that racket's and extension of your arm (:

There have been over 400 different Dunlop racquets throughout the years, about on par with the # from head. Wilson and Prince have had a few more models through the years. As with any of these companies, a certain racquet or series of racquets can be hit or miss. Of course with that many different options a player is bound to find something they like.

It's hard to say what is really a top brand. It could be based on the # of racquets, manufacturing, or any number of aspects a player may wish in a racquet. If you are going by pure manufacturing then another brand not mentioned yet is Fischer who have the tightest quality control standards of any manufacturer I'm aware of. I would say Dunlops are good racquets overall. I've hit with some I liked and others I didn't, but I could say the same for just about every other company.
    The Tennis Wiki
    Information on everything tennis, you review and rate it all!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTennisWiki View Post
    There have been over 400 different Dunlop racquets throughout the years, about on par with the # from head. Wilson and Prince have had a few more models through the years. As with any of these companies, a certain racquet or series of racquets can be hit or miss. Of course with that many different options a player is bound to find something they like.

It's hard to say what is really a top brand. It could be based on the # of racquets, manufacturing, or any number of aspects a player may wish in a racquet. If you are going by pure manufacturing then another brand not mentioned yet is Fischer who have the tightest quality control standards of any manufacturer I'm aware of. I would say Dunlops are good racquets overall. I've hit with some I liked and others I didn't, but I could say the same for just about every other company.
    by top brands i mean the quality of there top rackets and the # they sell

Quote Originally Posted by ty17383 View Post
    to me, ive always though the top brands were: wilson, prince babolat, head in any order

but a lot of people talk about dunlop. y?

ive never seen a dunlop racket in person, seriously
    so r they more common where u guys live?
    The Dunlop tennis racquets are less heard by us maybe because of the different marketing strategy from the company used to promote the tennis racquet at different country.
    But Dunlop is very reputable for producing many other sporting equipments such as badminton racquets and also variety of sport shoes.
    By the way, Dunlop tennis racquet is currently used by James Blake.
    Enjoy every tennis games with my Wilson ncode racquet. Big fans of all Tennis ATP matches.

Apparently quite some pro´s using Dunlop racquets. ;-)
    http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/DunlopRacquets.html