» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 529

0 members and 529 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

How to Clone [Backup] HHD

These are Videos on how to Clone your Hard-drive in the event you need a Backup because it's the smart thing to do and/or you feel your HHD is beginning to go bad and you need to back it up as quickly as possible.

As always, should you decide to use any of these products or methods. I make no guarantee on the success of your usage.
    I used DriveImage XML and found it to work great plus it's free of charge.

But again as always, I advise you to read the Installation & Usage Instructions before you begin clicking on links or buttons. Given you are working with Programs and Files, you want to make sure you know what you're doing before you do it or bad things like losing your Data can happen and frowns associated with screams and bad words generally follow.

Although I stated I use DriveImage XML which is so easy a Caveman can do it, there are other 'free' products available which you can find by searching them out. I tell you this because every once in awhile, it' s good to give your computer a going over. Cleaning out unnecessary Cache File, Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and other funky things that are lurking in your System that causes your Computer to run slow and/or do things like sending your information to someone else's computer that you don't know.

So the Word of the Day is 'Backup'

Here are some of the Links I'm referring to:

Ok Kids, enjoy

Coach

Making backup images of your hard drive is a great idea. I've been doing that for a while. It enables for a quick restoration of your system if by any chance something goes wrong, even if your hard drive physically crashes/breaks and is no longer usable, as long as your backup image is not saved on it.

It's also useful to do this right after a system reinstall and after you get your system setup perfectly just as you want it. Then with a backup image you can easily restore very quickly to exactly how you want your system to be if you're ever hit with a virus or other problems.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com