» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 514

0 members and 514 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: 2 Questions

Question 2 Questions

Does Pete Sampras have the most second serve aces? If so how many. Or who does?

Second and I hope i don't make anyone mad but it is just an observation. Rodger Federer who has been going through a hiatis of non wins. As a sports player when I was young I went through the phase too or as I call it choke-itis. Eventually I worked through it, and went on to play at the top of my game.

Rodger has had the match in hand only to let folks off the hook. Now in his latest win over Nadal which will be a definite psycological boost. Is it me or at the end of the match did the celebration of finally winning a title after what 7- 8 months wasn't celebrated with much fanfare? The usual slide on the knees and lay back on the court in jubilation, the tears etc? Just seems that it was like ok I beat Nadal, after Nadal has spanked Rodger in the recent past matches. Did Roger play his best or did Nadal Play his worst?

I really do not want to go one step further... and say what your thinking is it me or am I just crazy...

i don't think Roger nor Nadal played well that game. regardless, it was another title Roger collected and surely it gives him a foundation for the French Open. Now i have a theory. I think that Roger wants to play it cool.. like he's been beating Nadal like everyone else. This way he convinces himself that he is better than everyone. Personally I don't think it's going to work and/or atleast not for long. what do you think?

and about second serve aces: i really don't know, but that sounds right.
    Last edited by Lawn Tennis; 05-24-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Like my friend LT, I can't answer your question either however what I do know is something I think is important to know about serving, Ivo Karlovic & Joachim Johansson both have the current record for the most Aces in a Match (51) and interesting enough, both gentleman lost their matches.

As a Coach, I'm constantly preaching to my Students that I'd rather see great placement over aces any day. I want them to utilize the Serve as a tool for setting up their next shot, which if the serve was good enough, should be only one shot to an opposite corner.

I hope someone can provide the info you're seeking and I wish to welcome you to TennisW.Com as our newest Member.

Thanks for Joining,
    Coach,
    Senior Moderator
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Maybe your right he is playing it cool and let nadal run out of steam then he can step in and claim even more titles. I remember when krycheck first cam on the seen...wow what a serve many aces but he lost many matches too. Placement for the serve for the next shot is better rhan many aces and a lost match...

reader

Quote Originally Posted by reader View Post
    Placement for the serve for the next shot is better rhan many aces and a lost match...

reader
    no doubt