» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 506

0 members and 506 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Rafael Nadal's Post Match Interview

Like the guy said, He lost a match and the World continues to turn. But of course this is Sports and why would we appreciate Sports the way we do if events such as this did not occur? We are, have always been and shall ever be a blood thirsty Nation. Battle is in our Being, it's in our Souls it is why we play and it is why we watch to or more combatants go head to head.

You want someone to take down the Leader because nobody wants to see the same person win every time. Yes we love Nadal and it's not personal but when someone like Robin Soderling comes along and beats the favorite, it opens up the door. It's way many people won money at the Kentucky Derby a few weeks ago who bet on the 50-1 Shot. Because we love an underdog.

You can bet that had Federer & Nadal met once again in the Finals, there would have been plenty of people laying down cash on Federer to win. Not because they thought he would but because he would have been the Odds on Favorite to lose, which would have paid the biggest paycheck. For those who bet on Nadal to win, that would have yielded the least amount of money.

Now the Bet Makers are beginning to take money on Wimbledon. Will Nadal repeat as Defending Champion? Well I always get it wrong but this time around, I would say Nadal beating Federer last year is something that probably won't happen again.

I'd say Roger Federer will go into Wimbledon as the favorite even if he's Seeded #2. Why? Because Grass still is Roger's best surface and Nadal really didn't put a beating on Roger last year, it was a see-saw battle between them. I think now as I did then, that had Roger taken Nadal more seriously, he would have put more energy into winning but when he finally realized that Nadal was trying to win, it was too late. Roger is a front runner type Player.
    He's not good coming from behind.

Don't be so sure that Federer will make it to the Finals either. This is Sports you know
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

is it really blood that we like or just a good battle? watching a predictable match can be boring. now the question is "how far will Soderling make it?" Davydenko is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    is it really blood that we like or just a good battle? watching a predictable match can be boring. now the question is "how far will Soderling make it?" Davydenko is looking good.
    Good question .. generally the Player that post the biggest Upset never really wins the Tournament. Especially when the upset was by a Player nobody talks about.

It would seem logical that to beat someone that no one has ever been able to beat, should mean you are then the person to beat but I'll lay money down that Soderling doesn't make it to the Finals. If he does, he just might win.

Can you imagine the Headlines? Soderling rides this win all the way to the Finals against Roger Federer. The Media already has Federer as the obvious Winner given Nadal is out now but what if Soderling not only makes it to the Finals but in the Finals, winds up beating Federer as well?

OMG What a story that would be ...
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.

no kidding. it would make for an incredible moment. but im with you Coach, Soderling isn't going anywhere.

Suddenly, Soderling has become the "black horse" for the Roland Garros tennis tournament after defeating top seed Rafael Nadal.
    Anything could happen on the French Open now. Let see how it goes on the quarter final matches.
    Enjoy every tennis games with my Wilson ncode racquet. Big fans of all Tennis ATP matches.

yea, it's become very exciting as of recently.

All I will say is, there is no guarantee that Roger will take this Title just because Rafa is gone. History is a funny thing. After all these years of Tennis to think still there are only five men that have earned a career Slam and Andre Agassi is one of them? And to think as great as Pete Sampras was, he's not one of them nor is Ivan Lendl, who would have been had he captured just one Wimbledon Title after reaching the Finals so many times?

Like I say, history likes to play games ... we just might see a completely different person other than Federer & Nadal hoisting the Trophy this year.

Go Gilles Simon! i know he's done