» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 684

0 members and 684 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

*Wimbledon 2009 - June 22nd - July 5th*

Ok so the French Open is done and now forgotten, ok I'll give it a day or so but now we must begin speculating about Slam #3 Wimbledon and of course the current Title Holders for Wimbledon are Rafael Nadal & Venus Williams.

Will Venus repeat is questionable but I'll bet money that Rafael does not repeat this year. I was 1 out of 2 in my French picks so I'm declaring that Roger Federer takes back what is rightfully his but on the Women's side, it's up in the air for me. Personally, I'd like to see my girl Maria reclaim the title but I don't think she'll get a lot of votes.

The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

If Nadal gets knocked out before the final, Roger will win. Otherwise, i truly believe Nadal will win. That being said, my pick goes to Rafa. On the womens side, I'm going to pick Venus's sister.

i dont think rafas going to win as much now - i'll go with roger . I also think murray could do well.

And on the womens side, yeh probably venus =/

I am going to go with Nadal winning...though for the first time in a long time I do wonder about the possibility of roger winning

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC360 View Post
    I am going to go with Nadal winning...though for the first time in a long time I do wonder about the possibility of roger winning
    a large or small possibility?.. or just a possibility in general?

I like to see Nadal vs Federer. Both are awesome player but my money will go to Nadal. I know Nadal will be more motivated to give his best @ Wimbeldon ... at the same time I like Federer to break Sampras 14 GS record. So I'm excited to see them both in the Finals.

I heard some news about Nadal parents are divorcing soon + his knee problems that might affects his performance since the Madrid open and Rolland Garos tennis tournament.
    Hope he will get back on track at Wimbledon open soon.
    Enjoy every tennis games with my Wilson ncode racquet. Big fans of all Tennis ATP matches.

I hope so too. Is Nadal considered the favorite at Wimbledon?

+1 for Federer winning the 15th @ Wimbledon. On the women's side, I'll have to go with Safina reaching at least the Semis, if not Finals and perhaps winning if she can control herself. I'd also like to see Sharapova get in there, but I'd say she is doubtful due to her shoulder. Kuznetsova is also another one since she is coming fresh off a win and has established herself as an all-around player. And then there's Venus and Serena; They can both definitely pull it off but who knows.

I'm not so impressed by the two Serbs Jankovic and Ivanovic, they don't seem to keep their consistency going, but I can see them making it into the quarters.
    And, almost forgot to mention Stosur. She has a huge serve which will definitely help her on the grass.

My $.02

What about the Williams sisters? I doubt Venus will defend her title successfully. However, I could easily see Serena stepping up.