» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 711

0 members and 711 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Question Program Scheduler to Schedule Weekly Matches?

Hi there everyone,

I manage the schedule for a group of intermediate players where I live in Baltimore.

We have about 8 players who can play on different nights at different times while the weather is good.

Right now, I send a message out each Thursday asking for the schedule for the following week, and people email what nights and times they can play. I help to "hone down" to who/when/where for each night (we sometimes play as many as 4 days a week), and then repeat the process each week. Plus, on Mondays we play each week at 7pm and have a rotating schedule among 6 players... I'd like for folks to go in and enter "alternate" or "vacation" there for nights they either aren't available or prefer to play as a last resort, and that way I can balance Mondays for the summer.

It's time consuming and a bit inefficient. I'd love to have a program where people can sign up for nights/times and then we can use that to negotiate the schedule. And be able to indicate days they are not available they already know are booked.

Does this make any sense? What programs do you recommend to do this? I have played around with Google Calendar (but it's pretty clunky for this), mytennisgroup.com, and seen a few other sites. The ones I find either 1. organize a whole club (I just need a calendar scheduler that a lot of folks can login to and indicate nights/times they are avialable for most nights, and that I can see their "unavailable schedules" for Mondays), 2. organize a tennis league (more complicated than what I need).

Any help much appreciated!
    Last edited by moorthyr; 06-12-2009 at 10:00 PM.

that's awesome there are so many tennis partners hooking up. so you are looking for a way to basically rank players and/or start mini tournaments. i'll give this some thought and get back to you. welcome to the forum

Thanks for the post

Appreciate any thoughts...

I hunted around the web and still haven't found any options.

I ended up doing it manually - listing the 6 players, naming 4 as the week's players, 2 as subs, and then manually taking out the vacations people had sent me.

Took me about 30 minutes to do all that - not too bad - but a program that lets you schedule a playing rotation (we're not particular on who plays with who and such at our skill level) would be amazing and help me to reduce effort.

Then people could:
    1) Load their own schedules
    2) see what weeks they are scheduled to play
    3) know who the subs are.

Etc.

Hope this makes sense...