» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 513

0 members and 513 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Question Any idea what to do?

hello i am 19 years old and about a year ago i started tennis. i like it very much and i am doing pretty well so far. i am currently playing with a group. for next year (after summer => september) i would like to play more competitive tennis. of course i know that i m too old to dream a pro career but i am still young to reach a good level and after sometime join some local tournaments(no itf). but here's the problem. the kind of the group i am currently joining is two hours a week (two times) with 5-6 people from 18 to 50,60,70 so this thing cant be considered serious training. the competiton groups that train 9-10 hours per week are for juniors so i cant go there. and finally i cant afford paying these hours in private lessons(around 1400 euros per month). so i am a little bit confused what to do. Anyone has any ideas???? thanks

Group lessons

Quote Originally Posted by thoo View Post
    hello i am 19 years old and about a year ago i started tennis. i like it very much and i am doing pretty well so far. i am currently playing with a group. for next year (after summer => september) i would like to play more competitive tennis. of course i know that i m too old to dream a pro career but i am still young to reach a good level and after sometime join some local tournaments(no itf). but here's the problem. the kind of the group i am currently joining is two hours a week (two times) with 5-6 people from 18 to 50,60,70 so this thing cant be considered serious training. the competiton groups that train 9-10 hours per week are for juniors so i cant go there. and finally i cant afford paying these hours in private lessons(around 1400 euros per month). so i am a little bit confused what to do. Anyone has any ideas???? thanks
    You need to get your strokes right, After that you can get a lot of practice on your own. Using the wall or as i do a tennis rebound net. One thing i would advise is to buy Oscar Wegner dvd,s. Best 99.00USD for your tennis you will spend

i already have a rebound net but the things u can do with it are limited. it helps a lot but i dont think it can replace the training with a coach

Where are you from?
    Is there any other tennis coaches from your area where you live?
    Enjoy every tennis games with my Wilson ncode racquet. Big fans of all Tennis ATP matches.