» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 576

0 members and 576 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Head Crossbow 10

Hi Everyone, new to the forum, so thanks all for reading my post
    I've just changed raquets from a Wilson HyperHammer, to the Head CROSSBOW 10. Lovely feeling raquet, but my question is about the sound on playing a shot. It's a really tinny sound, and unusual feel. Is this just because it is new? It came with the factory string settings. My volleying game has taken a backward step!
    Any help would be great, or any other members with this racquet would be good to hear from you.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Ben.

does it have a damper? i demo'd the Wilson K Six one that was missing a damper and it made that same noise you are describing. actually, my Liquidmetal Radical Head racquet had the same issue; the damper fixed it.

I'd say its just because of your style of hitting.
    Some people hit the ball with a lot of power and accuracy and you hear a loud 'THWACK'
    And some people hit it soft with accuracy and you hear a little sound.
    It also depends on what speed the ball hits your racket at and how you respond to the ball speed wise.
    If the racket isn't affecting your game and disturbing your play, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

have it restrung. you are using nylon strings on it. it's ok if you are just starting out. when strings are freshly strung they are supposed to make a ping like sound. so that's ok. have you tried the hybrid setup?

I think there are people you uses Head crossbow 10 raquet. Can someone give me a feedback about it ? I am thinking of buying one

Quote Originally Posted by cashy72 View Post
    Hi Everyone, new to the forum, so thanks all for reading my post
    I've just changed raquets from a Wilson HyperHammer, to the Head CROSSBOW 10. Lovely feeling raquet, but my question is about the sound on playing a shot. It's a really tinny sound, and unusual feel. Is this just because it is new? It came with the factory string settings. My volleying game has taken a backward step!
    Any help would be great, or any other members with this racquet would be good to hear from you.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Ben.
    The newer racquets and especially the ones that are lighter tend to have a lot of hollow areas on the frame. The vibration dampener works to stop "pinging", but you may begin to develop arm problems because of the lightness. It is best to go no lower than a "tweener" frame. "Tweeners" are racquets that are right between a player's frame and a more recreational frame. If you like the racquet, use the vibration dampener, but if your arm starts hurting, you may need to go toward a heavier frame.