» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 550

0 members and 550 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Which new stick?

Ok, I'm in the market for a new racket.
    Here's a bit about me.
    I guess I'm a 4.5 -5.0 player.
    I use a western forehand, single handed backhand.
    I like to finish off points at the net, and throw in the odd serve and volley.

I'm currently using a Wilson nCode nPro (the lime green and white one).
    Basically, I'm wondering if I should go for a racket with a bit more pop, or go for a "players" racket. I've hit with the Babolat Pure Drive and found it had a bit more power than I'm used to. I used to use a Pro Kennex Kinetic 5g (the yellow one) and really liked it, but they're too fragile. They break all the time.
    I think I've got it into my head that if I play with a western forehand, I shouldn't go for a racket like the ksix-one tour. Is this right? Also wondering if something heavier might suit me? I was thinking maybe the Head Microgel Radical Pro, or maybe the Yonex RDiS 100 Mid? What do people think?
    What sort of racket would suit my game? Is it right that you need a little extra pop with a western grip?

sometimes having so many racquets to choose from makes it more difficult to find the right one. definitely demo the racquets you have mentioned. since you are a 4.5 - 5.0 player, i would guess that you have snap in your shots; therefore you won't need that extra pop. however, i see what you're saying about western grip perhaps needing a little range handicap. so much of the momentum is transferred into top spin. good luck and wish i could be of help.