» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 584

0 members and 584 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Question Left Hander problems

I am like number 20 in my state and I was a 6 seed at this pretty big tournament... well i lost to the number one seed #3 in the state and then when i was in the backdraw i ran into this unknown lefty who was about 6'6 and he is prolly only 15. He didnt have hardly any decent groundstrokes all he had was his serve where he could hit both left handed spin and right handed spin which really threw me off. It is soo hard to guess and he broke me once in the first set and held his serve every time to win 6-4 and then i broke him in the seconf 2 go up 3-0 but then he broke me at 3-1 and at 5-5 and i ended up losing 7-5 in the second... now this wouldnt have made me think had i not seen that every1 else did a whole lot better against this guy then me... the 7seed beat him 6-0, 6-0 so i wonder what was i doing wrong???? plz reply

All i can say is that I play left handed but can serve right handed if i need to.

Smile left hander problem input

Planetred222, Your problem is very simple, # 1 You were already mentally fried with his serve style, and not prepared to handle the situation. #2 you should not be guessing on your returns. Anticipating some serves based on what your opponent has given you in the past is one thing, but you need to be REACTING to the serve you are facing at the time, be it lefty or righty. Each point (serve hit) is seperate from the other. If you play him again, I will bet you will win because in you fried state of mind and unprepared for the unothodox style, it was a close match. I truly believe you will not lose again to this opponent, because the last time you were beat before you started. Now your wiser! Good luck

Unregistered Guest
    If telling what slice he is going to hit is a problem for you try concentrating on his service toss. For a good slice serve he will have a different toss. If his toss is in the same spot everytime his serve will not curve that much so try to really concentrate on the ball. If you just can't hit his serve and his groundstrokes aren't that good just do anything to get it in play and go from there. If you have no chance of getting his serve and you know it just play around with it. I bet you will beat him next time