» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 560

0 members and 560 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Former ATP player and coach here. Hi to all!

It's nice to know that there is a good forum for tennis related talk. You guys and gals are well ahead of me in that department. A bit about myself. After spending three years on tour and finding that I was not as great as I thought (hey, I've learned to laugh at myself!), I went back to college and finished. I then went to work at Saddlebrook/Hopman Academy where I was a hitting partner for most of the pros and juniors. Alright, enough horn-tooting. I filled my requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    It's nice to know that there is a good forum for tennis related talk. You guys and gals are well ahead of me in that department. A bit about myself. After spending three years on tour and finding that I was not as great as I thought (hey, I've learned to laugh at myself!), I went back to college and finished. I then went to work at Saddlebrook/Hopman Academy where I was a hitting partner for most of the pros and juniors. Alright, enough horn-tooting. I filled my requirement.
    Greetings Tennisking ~

Well given this is your 3rd Post I assume you were formally greeted in our New Member's Section although I've been away from the Board for several weeks due to Surgery so if you were not, let me be the first to apologize for that oversight and to personally Welcome you to TennisW.Com.

If you will permit me to get the formalities aside before I address your Post,
    TennisW.Com is what I and our Administrator (John) hopes to be a Community of Friends that love to discuss All Aspects of Tennis. John, has done everything in his power to create an environment for that purpose and my job so to speak is to merely try to maintain what John has worked very hard to design. Now John will be quick to proclaim he's not much of a Tennis Enthusiast however I think he knows more about Tennis than he likes to admit. We have at this time, a small group of steady & loyal Members that post some of the most interesting Tennis Topics I've read in a long time.

I am particularly interested in what you have informed us about yourself. As you scan through the many threads, you will undoubtedly see that being & becoming a Pro is a Hot Button Topic here. Especially from the Child level, selecting a good & reliable training structure, being able to get the necessary funding for that training, advancing through the Juniors and then hopefully onto the Pros as you claim you've successfully accomplished.

I have never aspired to be a Tennis Pro and achieving the necessary credentials for Coaching Private & High School level Students was, is and always be a Blessing as I see it, I do find myself wondering if someday I might get an opportunity to coach a potential Pro Level Player.

I can not wait to read what you've experienced and what advice you might have for the many that come here to learn about the very road you've traveled. Please do not feel there's a level of pressure on you to give advice. As far as I'm concerned, you're a Member just like myself and everyone else. You don't have to give up anything and I will enjoy your participation like I enjoy others. Each member brings something to the table here even if it's just responding to a Post about a particular topic. So for me, as long as you're a contributing member, I couldn't ask for more.

Thank You Very Much for joining TennisW.Com and on behalf of John, the TennisW Management Team and its' Members, we hope you decide this is a good place to hang for awhile.

Sincerely,
    Coach
    Senior Moderator
    TennisW.Com's Management Team
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

tennisking,

nice to meet you. i can't begin to imagine how competitive it can be on tour. i give you credit for atleast giving it a shot. heck, you probably would have always wondered whether you were good enough had you have just skipped it altogether. so you went back to college?.. i'm sure you were able to find a tennis scholarship. im sure it pays off in other ways too - such as the plain and simple fun one gets from playing at such a level. welcome to the board.

Hey, welcome.
    That's fantastic! Congratulations on all those achievements.

Thanks everyone. I guess I can answer all. Well, obviously, playing professional tennis is a tough job. Constant training, travel, and motels. I will be glad to answer any questions that anyone has about training, playing, coaching, etc. I went back to college, graduated, and then went to Hopman Academy and became a hitting partner for Hingis, Capriati, Blake, Fish, Sitak, etc. Let me tell you, it is HOT in Florida! Wow! I have been in the banking business for the last couple of years, and if I sit behind a desk for one minute longer, I will be looking for a bridge to jump off of! Time to start coaching again? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Greetings Tennisking ~

Well given this is your 3rd Post I assume you were formally greeted in our New Member's Section although I've been away from the Board for several weeks due to Surgery so if you were not, let me be the first to apologize for that oversight and to personally Welcome you to TennisW.Com.

If you will permit me to get the formalities aside before I address your Post,
    TennisW.Com is what I and our Administrator (John) hopes to be a Community of Friends that love to discuss All Aspects of Tennis. John, has done everything in his power to create an environment for that purpose and my job so to speak is to merely try to maintain what John has worked very hard to design. Now John will be quick to proclaim he's not much of a Tennis Enthusiast however I think he knows more about Tennis than he likes to admit. We have at this time, a small group of steady & loyal Members that post some of the most interesting Tennis Topics I've read in a long time.

I am particularly interested in what you have informed us about yourself. As you scan through the many threads, you will undoubtedly see that being & becoming a Pro is a Hot Button Topic here. Especially from the Child level, selecting a good & reliable training structure, being able to get the necessary funding for that training, advancing through the Juniors and then hopefully onto the Pros as you claim you've successfully accomplished.

I have never aspired to be a Tennis Pro and achieving the necessary credentials for Coaching Private & High School level Students was, is and always be a Blessing as I see it, I do find myself wondering if someday I might get an opportunity to coach a potential Pro Level Player.

I can not wait to read what you've experienced and what advice you might have for the many that come here to learn about the very road you've traveled. Please do not feel there's a level of pressure on you to give advice. As far as I'm concerned, you're a Member just like myself and everyone else. You don't have to give up anything and I will enjoy your participation like I enjoy others. Each member brings something to the table here even if it's just responding to a Post about a particular topic. So for me, as long as you're a contributing member, I couldn't ask for more.

Thank You Very Much for joining TennisW.Com and on behalf of John, the TennisW Management Team and its' Members, we hope you decide this is a good place to hang for awhile.

Sincerely,
    Coach
    Senior Moderator
    TennisW.Com's Management Team