» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 340

0 members and 340 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

I am a recreational club tennis player and I am looking for tips that can help me to improve my game. Right now I am looking for a new racquet. I currently use a Head TI S4 and an S2, which are light titanium racquets. I used to use TI Rip Fibre string but Head retired that string so now I use Luxilon, which I love, 17 gauge. Not sure if I should get a slightly heavier and slighly smaller head raquet. I have good control, a reasonably strong topspin forehand and mostly a spin backhand, though I do like to use a two haned backhand. So, any tips on racquets you are using and recommend is welcomed. -- John

while i'm new to tennis myself, i feel the urge to respond. here's the story of what i encountered while finding the right equipment: my first decent racquet was the head ti5 - very similar to yours. i was starting to come around just fine, and all the sudden i decided to buy another racquet. in hindsight, that was a bad move. i had not yet mastered the light head heavy racquet.. how on earth could i hit with a head light one? i took a major step backwards because of this. if i wouldve went with a more medium balanced racquet, the adjustment wouldve taken 1/10th the time! if you feel you are really good with your head heavy racquet do yourself a favor and buy this racquet. http://www.tennisexpress.com/product...ennis-racquets you will absolutely love it. don't think it's an average racquet because it's a lower price than some others like Microgel and K Factor racquets. i promise you, you will love this. the adjustment period is never fun, but with in a matter of a week you'll be good as new. best of luck
    Last edited by Lawn Tennis; 08-06-2009 at 04:15 PM.