» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 738

0 members and 738 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Modern Forehand

Modern Forehand

I've read Oscar Wegner's book and liked it. I dont know alot about tennis but i have been researching some things about modern forehand. I have a question concerning my forehand. Im trying to make my self hit a reasonbly "heavy" ball with good amount of topsin. But i m not successful. Most of the balls i hit are fast and have some spin but it doesnt seem to have any wait behind it. I know strength has alot to do with it but is their anything else i could do. I believe im following through (arching circular motion) finishing with racquet back behind me and racquet butt cap pointing forward. (pull back)(pulling the towel)-nick bolliterri phrase. Please help. I am also aware of how the elbow should sometimes stay locked or in a fixed position and how the racquet head must pronate at the right time. If i could just hit a few serious "heavy" balls it would deeply appreciated. How does one achieve this?

To hit the kind of ball you are looking for you are going to have to use your hips and core muscle groups. There is a great site with video clips of pro's called www.hi-techtennis.com and also I have an instructional video that shows the modern forehand technique including grip, preparation, swing and the contact point. All in slow motion with voice over. Its worth checking out. www.tennisguru.com
    www.tennisguru.com
    Get Re-Strung!