» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 519

0 members and 519 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

The Best Tip I Can Give You.........

The one thing that truly helped me become the player I was was learning to give my opponent respect and treating them well. Here is what I mean by that.
    I have watched so many players put their opponents down and say absolutely stupid things during matches. Things such as "This player sucks, I should never lose to this person" or "How can you be losing to such a bad player". Ridiculous. All that does is get the negativity rolling. It makes you play worse and start pressing too hard. It also gives the other player incentive to beat you. Even more so than they had before you started talking trash. So, if your opponent is so bad and they are beating you, what does that say about you? You suck? You are a terrible player? The first thing you should do when playing an opponent who is playing well is applaud their good shots. Stay within yourself and believe that all of your opponents are worthy and good players. Ever seen Federer yell how terrible his opponent is even if he is many levels better than they are? No. You never will either. It's strange, but the more I applauded the good shots of my opponents, the better it seems I played. Give it a try. It might surprise you what a positive mindset can do................
    Last edited by tennisking1; 08-12-2009 at 01:05 PM.

i completely agree with that. it's almost like one can convince themself that they don't need to try in order to win. it also takes your mind off the objective - your shots, your game; not theirs. lastly, trash talking creates expectations that can only distract.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    i completely agree with that. it's almost like one can convince themself that they don't need to try in order to win. it also takes your mind off the objective - your shots, your game; not theirs. lastly, trash talking creates expectations that can only distract.
    That's right. If you took the time to step on the court and lift your racquet to hit a shot, you had to try. Many tennis players have a fear that they may look bad in others eyes. They have an inner fear of not being the best or not living up to the standards they believe others have for them. Learn to love the game of tennis whether you win or lose. It's great exercise. It helps you to sweat out toxins in the body. It keeps you looking good and keeps the heart and muscles strong. Not everyone is going to be #1. Google "Al Parker tennis player" and read the Tennis Magazine article on that guy. The greatest junior tennis player of all time. No question. Read what Jim Courier said about him. He beat everyone like a drum as a junior. Everyone. Courier, Agassi, Sampras, Chang. All of them. He was a good sport, treated others well, and never, ever downplayed an opponent. All of the players on the junior circuit loved him and his dad and they all used to get together and eat and have a good time together. He was older than me, but I watched him play quite a bit. He always treated his opponents as worthy players. He sent most of them home to lick their wounds when he was done playing them too.............Great Sportsman.

Really?
    I am so nice to my opponents. And then, well, most of them 'accidently' *cough cough* hit me and apologize then they turn around and shout 'That was a aim!' in a completely *unrevealing* way. Usually it mysteriously turns out that they start doing this when i get the lead
    Its strange -_-
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    Really?
    I am so nice to my opponents. And then, well, most of them 'accidently' *cough cough* hit me and apologize then they turn around and shout 'That was a aim!' in a completely *unrevealing* way. Usually it mysteriously turns out that they start doing this when i get the lead
    Its strange -_-
    Ha Ha! Beat them with kindness. The madder you can make them, the quicker your matches will be. Nothing annoys another player more than not be responded to or even noticed. Act like there is noone on the other side of the net. When they hit a good shot, applaud them with a clap anyway. You don't have to say anything. Just stay within yourself. Stay cool as ice........

The Best Tip I Can Give You

Hi HeatherRene
    They say that when you plan your menus and then make out your shopping list- that you will save alot of money because you wont buy near as much.

I have anouther tip : eat black beans and you will not crave anything, and black beans dont give you gas like other beans..

I choose best graphite racket for my 6 1/2 years old child which one is better.

I can vouch that being a nice guy can work out...
    Never berate anyone.
    Be willing to wait out a few sets.
    Enjoy your tennis time.
    And soon, the better players will ask YOU to hit, and when other better players see that, your tennis level improves and the field of better players you get to hit with expands !!
    I got to hit with CeciMartinez when I was maybe a 3.0 player. And not just a few dozen times, but regularly when she was in town.
    By my 3rd season in tennis, I had a regular list of A and B (5.5 to 4.5) women to hit with for practice.