» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 800

0 members and 800 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    But again, they're boring. Okay, so they have some ridiculous comebacks sometimes - but - as of the US Open quarters against Kuznetsova in Wozniacki's case, it's on account of the opposition's facade crackling, not spectacular tennis.
    They're both a strange cross of baseline machine/counterpuncher/SuperPusher - and i detest it. Give me Murray, with his fiery temper, or Monfils, with his ludicrous antics (and ludicrous forehands)!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusEffect View Post
    Give me Murray, with his fiery temper, or Monfils, with his ludicrous antics (and ludicrous forehands)!
    What fiery temper?? Everything about Murray is boring. He hasn't done anything charismatic in his life
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    It has to be Nadal for me. When i heard there was a movie called Never Back Down I thought it was going to be about him.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    Nadal is one of the best role models in sport. He is the ultimate fighter. Even at 2 sets down and 5-0 in the third he would never contemplate submitting to defeat. Even with his newfound superstar status he remains a gentleman whose sole joy is playing tennis and has no interest in the luxuries that come with fame and riches
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusEffect View Post
    But again, they're boring. Okay, so they have some ridiculous comebacks sometimes - but - as of the US Open quarters against Kuznetsova in Wozniacki's case, it's on account of the opposition's facade crackling, not spectacular tennis.
    They're both a strange cross of baseline machine/counterpuncher/SuperPusher - and i detest it. Give me Murray, with his fiery temper, or Monfils, with his ludicrous antics (and ludicrous forehands)!
    ok, to some extent you're right. Nadal rarely goes for his shots or initiates the first attack. he's more of a 'i can out last you' kind of player which can get monotonous.

Murray has his oral agression.
    Federer has that too though, lol.

I like:
    1. Justine Henin
    Seriously, she's like 5'6 and outhits 6'3 people (Sharapova)
    2. Caroline Wozniacki
    She's really hard working, but I think she's played too many tournaments in 09, which kind of hurt her performance after the US open.
    3. Sania Mirza
    Namely, just because she's indian, and she's a female, and she plays a proffesional sport other than cricket...
    4. sharapova,
    Just because for some reason I liked her when I started playing.

Men:
    1. Andre Agassi
    His groundstrokes are really amazing.

No one else really...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    What fiery temper?? Everything about Murray is boring. He hasn't done anything charismatic in his life
    Apparently you watch him too little to pass such judgement, seeing as the man regularly abuses himself and referees verbally. It's no coincedence he features along McEnroe in the commercial for Grand Slam Tennis! Although completely ungentlemanlike, i find it slightly amusing - he's like a little, frustrated child (i believe the german word for what i feel is Schadefreude), and i find it infinitely amusing. To me, tennis is more about viewing pleasure than role models - but if you asked me whose mental approach and general attitude to the game i would advise a child looking for a role model to emulate, i'd certainly pick Nadal or Federer any day.
    Which i guess, of course, makes me a despicable hypocrite :P
    Last edited by MagnusEffect; 12-29-2009 at 09:11 PM.