» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 505

0 members and 505 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

For you Australians out there.............

I just saw where Felix Mantilla was hired by the Australian Tennis Federation to help strengthen the claycourters over there and generally help bring Australia back to prominence in the tennis world. If any of you can become part of that program, do it. The guy is a phenomenal player and coach and is a really classy person. Really nice guy. He was a top ten player on the tour and played one of the most athletic baseline games out there. It might be worth your while to do some training in or near that program. I believe he will be training coaches so, there should be some good coaches coming out of this thing. Check it out. I am interested in finding out more about it. If you want to find out more about Mantilla, google him or go to youtube........

That's sounds interesting.. it would be great to go.
    But, is he doing it in one state or is he traveling to different places?
    I tried to find out on google but I couldn't find anything about his schedule.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    That's sounds interesting.. it would be great to go.
    But, is he doing it in one state or is he traveling to different places?
    I tried to find out on google but I couldn't find anything about his schedule.
    That's funny. I had you in mind when I posted this as you live in Australia and you seem interested in being a good player. I am not sure about his schedule. Contact the Australian Tennis Federation and see if they have some information. Even if you (or any of you in Australia) can get over to where they train people for a couple of days. I certainly hope they make him accessible to more than just the up and coming pros. That would be a travesty. The guy can seriously play tennis and very well may have been a top 5 player had he not been hit with some pretty tough injuries. He had shoulder surgery and that hindered him for awhile. At the end of his career, he took out Federer in the 2003 final at the Italian Open in straight sets. The guy could play. That is on youtube by the way. Maybe he will be doing some weekend and week long camps over there. Heck, I'd be interested in training under the guy for a week. If you find anything out, let me know.....

I actually did do a little research into it.. apparently he's got a full time schedule for Elite players and people who need to develop on clay.
    They haven't given out much info yet but I think you book a weekly program and get to train with him for around 6-7 days.
    though he will be really busy.. i certainly hope i can go for a few sessions.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur