» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 722

0 members and 722 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    i'm quite upset he lost.
    but I like Del Potro very much, so either way it's win win.
    I've heard hi only 20 years of age. Is that true?
    Well, if it is his certainly the next number one !
    yup, he's 20. i knew Del po' would come through some time soon. i think Juan's biggest hurdle in tennis is to be able to beat Murray and Djokovic. these two guys have a fairly conservative style that would get to Del po'. i also believe Rafa will never beat Del po' again. Juan's game is the ultimate nemesis to Rafa's non-penetrating high bouncers. Federer, however, will have good battles with Del Potro in the future.
    Last edited by Lawn Tennis; 09-15-2009 at 03:14 PM.

I think though; That Rafa and Del Potro will produce wonderful matches, even if Rafa is to lose.
    Well, to be honest, I find that Murray and Djokovic are always playing.. differently.
    One tournament, Djokovic is on fire playing his best, and then next he barely makes it through the finals. Same with Murray.. I can't say his matches were to great at the Grand Slams this year.
    Yes, I agree that Federer and Del Potro have many wonderful matches ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    I think though; That Rafa and Del Potro will produce wonderful matches, even if Rafa is to lose.
    Well, to be honest, I find that Murray and Djokovic are always playing.. differently.
    One tournament, Djokovic is on fire playing his best, and then next he barely makes it through the finals. Same with Murray.. I can't say his matches were to great at the Grand Slams this year.
    Yes, I agree that Federer and Del Potro have many wonderful matches ahead.
    The guys who end up lasting like Federer and Nadal tend to be introverts and really don't go out much or party. Djokovich seems to be very much a people person and I imagine he spends a lot of time with friends and family doing things out and about. If he refocuses and trains like he did before he ever made it big, he will have some good results again. It really is all about staying hungry. If you can win one Grand Slam, you can win another. It takes more than luck to win all 7 matches. Del Potro was quite talented. He played quite intelligently, especially after that bad double fault to lose that set. He was quite impressive. Nadal will see good things again soon. He needs to take some more time off and really heal and hit slowly. He will show back up come clay court season.....

so TK, are you telling us you're a big partier?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    so TK, are you telling us you're a big partier?
    I'm an introvert who definitely liked to go out (to dark laid back clubs, no big crowds for me.) I played Challengers down there and if I hadn't been traveling with a South American player who had his head on straight, I would have not made it past Colombia. There are some beautiful women in Bogota. Yikes! Argentinian women were against the law and totally off the chain. My ranking would have been 4 billion had I stayed down there.
    Last edited by tennisking1; 09-17-2009 at 09:56 AM.