» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 591

0 members and 591 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Oudin family versus the dirty media.....

Can you believe they are already looking for dirt on this young lady and her family? They are already publishing the divorce proceedings and affair issues that the family is dealing with. I know Brian DeVilliers and I wouldn't put it past him, but the media is only hurting this young lady. Unbelievable. I tell you, if Melanie Oudin works on hitting a little more topspin on her shots and letting the angle of the racquet be more natural on her slice, that girl is really going to be something else. She has the most sincere smile when she wins. The young belgian girl that beat her was a breath of fresh air as well. Great smile and attitude. Hard to pull against her as well. Too bad the media looks for such smut. And the problem is is that Sports Illustrated is the one who brought out the smut!!

Not good. How about after losing her match when Pam Shriver interviewed her.. Pam said, "we normally don't interview the loser". That was funny, but I did feel bad for Melanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    Not good. How about after losing her match when Pam Shriver interviewed her.. Pam said, "we normally don't interview the loser". That was funny, but I did feel bad for Melanie.
    Pam Shriver ripped on Wickmayer too when she intentionally said her name like she was a nobody and going to be an easy victim. Shriver sux and needs to take female hormones so she doesn't sound like Napolean Dynamite when she talks. The media really stinks. I know DeVilliers should have been more professional and should never have done what he did, but let the family sort it out. I think we should put together an anti-media group that investigates all of their reporters and bigwigs and then reports the findings and spreads it all over. They wouldn't like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    Pam Shriver ripped on Wickmayer too when she intentionally said her name like she was a nobody and going to be an easy victim. Shriver sux and needs to take female hormones so she doesn't sound like Napolean Dynamite when she talks.
    lol. watch Wickmayer take it all the way now.

I'm not so sure how I feel about this issue. On the one hand, it is a private matter between the Oudin family and the coach.

On the other hand, the details will be getting out more and more, and that makes it an issue as long a Melanie Oudin plays professional tennis.

I suppose it all depends upon how the issue is dealt with in the press. Salacious gossip, or respectful fact-based reporting...

As for the US Open Commentators. I will admit that I am not a big fan of either Pam Shriver or Mary Carillo for many reasons however I think Mary Jo Fernanez is doing a fantastic job and has the respect of her co-commentators.

Surprisingly, Martina Navratilova did good job as well as did Lyndsay Davenport in LA for TTC. The comment that Pam Shriver made about Yanina Wickmayer was nothing less than an example of what she normally brings to the table. Obviously she was good enough to make it to the Semi-Finals which is not an easy task at a Major.

People are talking about apologizing so where's Shriver's apology to Yanina Wickmayer?

Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As for the US Open Commentators. I will admit that I am not a big fan of either Pam Shriver or Mary Carillo for many reasons however I think Mary Jo Fernanez is doing a fantastic job and has the respect of her co-commentators.

Surprisingly, Martina Navratilova did good job as well as did Lyndsay Davenport in LA for TTC. The comment that Pam Shriver made about Yanina Wickmayer was nothing less than an example of what she normally brings to the table. Obviously she was good enough to make it to the Semi-Finals which is not an easy task at a Major.

People are talking about apologizing so where's Shriver's apology to Yanina Wickmayer?

Coach
    I like Mary Joe as well. She is a great commentator. McEnroe as well as Courier are great too. Surprises me that Sports Illustrated dug up dirt on something that had nothing to do with Oudin's tennis. I think we need Fred Stolle back. Darren Cahill did a half decent job as well. He just needs some experience and he will loosen up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Coach
    100% agree

The media needs to cover tennis, not the extra stuff. I could care less about her family or parents affairs. Just talk about her game, how she trains, her mental approach to the game. That is what interests me.
    Pat J
    Relearning tennis!
    HSA Ankle Support