» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 496

0 members and 496 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Juan Martin Del Potro

I believe we are about to watch the 'soon to be world number 1' Juan Martin Del Potro make his first Slam final. Nadal has an abdonminal issue that will push him over the edge. Combine that with that fact that Del Potro loves banging Nadal's high-bouncing balls, and we find that Rafa has a slim chance to none. As far as Del Po' winning the whole thing.. I'm not so sure on that. Why? It's probably going to be a Djokovic/Del Potro final. I believe Juan Martin would fair better against Roger. Federer goes for his shots whether he's on or not and Del Potro lives and breaths on that.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    I believe we are about to watch the 'soon to be world number 1' Juan Martin Del Potro make his first Slam final. Nadal has an abdonminal issue that will push him over the edge. Combine that with that fact that Del Potro loves banging Nadal's high-bouncing balls, and we find that Rafa has a slim chance to none. As far as Del Po' winning the whole thing.. I'm not so sure on that. Why? It's probably going to be a Djokovic/Del Potro final. I believe Juan Martin would fair better against Roger. Federer goes for his shots whether he's on or not and Del Potro lives and breaths on that.

What do you guys think?
    Federer/Nadal. Del Potro is facing someone who really gives it everything at the Slams and this is the one Nadal needs to complete a career slam. Different Nadal in the slams. Federer wants to play the final and he is just too good. Djokovic will go for a little too much to try and pressure Federer and Federer will be patient and dismantle him. We will, however these matches go, get some good tennis in.

I don't think Del Potro has what it takes to beat Nadal in a best of five. If he did I think I would take the kind of effort Verdasco put forth in Australia, and I don't think he would be in any condition to beat Federer who I expect will thrash Djokovic. I really want to see Nadal and Federer contest another final.

I agree, that Del Potro will become No. 1 eventually. Maybe even before Andy Murray does...how long he holds the top ranking is another discussion, however.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    we will, however these matches go, get some good tennis in.
    +1

Del Potro all the way!!!

What I meant to say is that Del Potro would thrash Nadal

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    What I meant to say is that Del Potro would thrash Nadal
    lmao

Well, Del Potro whipped Nadal. I probably would have had a different view had I known Nadal had such an issue with his abdominal wall. I imagine Nadal took those months off and then immediately went back into hardcore training without easing back into it. Young and bullet-proof. He needs to take a few weeks off and ease back into his training so his body will not be shocked. It is way too hard to play tennis with an abdominal strain.........

Federer takes Del Potro in the final. The ball is going to stay low and Federer has more trouble with high balls. Del Potro will have to stay low the entire match and with his height, that is tough over the course of 3-4 hours. If he serves well though, no telling.........

That was a heck of a match. Federer's play reminded me alot of the Australian Open final, with the lousy first serve percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    That was a heck of a match. Federer's play reminded me alot of the Australian Open final, with the lousy first serve percentage.
    couldn't agree with you more. not that there's anything to take away from Del Po'. he's an up and rising star.

I couldn't agree with you more.
    Del Potro in my mind, is probably the closest thing to the next number one.
    I watched the match and he is simply terrific.
    at such a young age he plays wonderfully
    i was planning on being very upset if Rog lost but i wouldn't have chosen anyone but Del Potro (or possibly Verdasco) to take the title

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    Del Potro in my mind, is probably the closest thing to the next number one.
    I watched the match and he is simply terrific.
    at such a young age he plays wonderfully
    i was planning on being very upset if Rog lost but i wouldn't have chosen anyone but Del Potro (or possibly Verdasco) to take the title
    i loved what Del Po' said during the ceremony. he was so humble. he reminds me of the giant from Green Mile. it's great that somebody of such class wins the US Open. i wish Juan Martin Del Potro only the best in his hopefully many years of tennis ahead. What a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    i loved what Del Po' said during the ceremony. he was so humble. he reminds me of the giant from Green Mile. it's great that somebody of such class wins the US Open. i wish Juan Martin Del Potro only the best in his hopefully many years of tennis ahead. What a story.
    the giant from green mile?
    yes, he is quite the gentlemen.
    he really has left something to remember for years to come..