Tennis

» Site Navigation

 > FAQ

» Stats

Members: 13,847
Threads: 3,171
Posts: 14,531
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,109)
Welcome to our newest member, T6271

» Online Users: 25

1 members and 24 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 601, 08-31-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sea Pines, Hilton Head, South Carolina
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    oh, come on. almost impossible? how could you say that? there are many succesful female tennis players who had lots of strength and DID NOT use roids!
    i think the muscle can't be from steroids.
    if she was using roids she'd be gone by now.
    her career would have been finished by now.
    Not even close. No other women are even close to her in terms of muscle size. There are numerous ways to get around the urine test and she is as aggressive as a bull. When administered by a doctor, they can prolong the career as they are given in low but effective doses. Look at the baseball and american football players who have long careers. Again, I have a close friend who was a professional bodybuilder and used them. He says there is no way for her to keep the fullness in her muscles and be that fit cardio wise. He swears she is on them. Blood test her and lets see!!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    132
    Now that I think about it I have to give her the benefit of the doubt considering a common side effect of steroids on women is reduced breast size and she is... I would say stacked. Still people have been claiming she's on steroids for years, one blood test is all it would take to clear it up.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    Now that I think about it I have to give her the benefit of the doubt considering a common side effect of steroids on women is reduced breast size and she is... I would say stacked. Still people have been claiming she's on steroids for years, one blood test is all it would take to clear it up.
    ...and imagine how humiliating that would be if the results turned up negative. should we at that point question her training and maybe her diet?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    But shes been in this for years now and this is the first (and only) incident to happen like this in her whole career.
    If she was on steroids, there would have been many signs.
    Okay, lets say the fact she has large breast and is etremely large in size could mean she is on steroids, but still..
    Like I said before its only happened once, serena usually expresses her emotions in the way every other tennis player does (yelling, racket throwing eg.)

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    But shes been in this for years now and this is the first (and only) incident to happen like this in her whole career.
    that is a good point. up until now, everyone thought Serena was the nicest person.

    In my opinion, however, Venus is still the sweetest lady on tour. i hope her leg completely recovers soon so we can see her in action.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sea Pines, Hilton Head, South Carolina
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    that is a good point. up until now, everyone thought Serena was the nicest person.

    In my opinion, however, Venus is still the sweetest lady on tour. i hope her leg completely recovers soon so we can see her in action.
    I have thought she was on them for years. In low doses, hormones do not effect breast size. It also depends on the type of steroid. There are numerous hormones to choose from. Many bodybuilders develop female like breasts from steroids. She also has a tremendous mustache. Steroid users don't fly off the handle at everything, but when they get in a situation that really upsets them, boom! Watch out. Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGuire didn't blow up and have fits either. All known steroid users. Add Barry Bonds to that. If they don't test her, wait until she retires. You will see a big difference in build. Noone would have believed Petr Korda was on steroids either. He tested positive and had to retire.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    True, true. some players who used Roids were more patient.
    But I've got one more point to make. If Serena was using steroids wouldn't she be number one? players like Wozniacki, Klisjters, Safina, Hantuchkova (however her name is spelt) wouldn't stand a chance against her.
    she hardly plays like she is on steroids. i think if she really were on steroids they would have been detected.. unless its clear steroids.
    anyway, every player who uses steroids is usaully the best. and that isn't just for tennis, for other sports too.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sea Pines, Hilton Head, South Carolina
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    True, true. some players who used Roids were more patient.
    But I've got one more point to make. If Serena was using steroids wouldn't she be number one? players like Wozniacki, Klisjters, Safina, Hantuchkova (however her name is spelt) wouldn't stand a chance against her.
    she hardly plays like she is on steroids. i think if she really were on steroids they would have been detected.. unless its clear steroids.
    anyway, every player who uses steroids is usaully the best. and that isn't just for tennis, for other sports too.
    Petr Korda was not number one nor was the south american player who was banned for a few months (can't remember his name, but he was moving up the ladder very fast) last year or a couple of years ago. She was number one and plays less tournaments than Safina so she has gotten less points. She tends to win the tournaments she is in. Everyone thinks she should be number one, but since she plays less tournaments, she doesn't get all of the points. Again, there are ways around the urine test. Blood test would be the tell all, but they don't do blood tests. They don't test very often either.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    still.. so many times I've watched Serena get defeated so easily.
    i was watching her Australian Open match against Wozniacki and serena won by the skin of her teeth. i can't help but think that if she were on steroids she'd have to perfome a little better.
    however, you did bring up some good points and there is one thing i realized. i was watching her win in the Wimbeldon '03 and her tactic has changed A LOT. right now, obviously, she is noticabely larger then she was at that time and her tactic is to smash the ball and end the point.. then she used to be more strategical and all.
    that is suspicious...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.0.1