» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 226

0 members and 226 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    Heck, I'll hit with anyone.
    you have no idea what that would mean to me. the best person i've ever played was a 50 year old 4.5 to be able to hit with somebody on an entirely different level would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    you can't always be the best. you can only give it your best..
    nice way to look at it. Erik i must say though that if you do give it your best, i bet you could beat all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post

nice way to look at it. Erik i must say though that if you do give it your best, i bet you could beat all of them.

Thanks man! I hope you're right:P.=]

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    Heck, I'll hit with anyone. I've been doing some serious searching for a good coaching job. Hopefully something will turn up. If I can find something, I'll let you know where I am and you are more than welcome to visit. Any of you club owners or academies out there looking for a coach, let me know! No more desk for me!
    okey=], just give me a shout and i'll come! I hope you find something.

Yeah, I'm also scared of the same thing as Erik. I'm bright in academics, but now I dread sitting in an office, and just thinking, I could've been...

The problem with TK's advice is that my parents aren't rich by american standards, (if we moved back to india we'd have money), and I doubt that they could pay for IMG or something.
    I also don't know if I'm good enough for a scholorship.
    Are there any good academies in india?
    (sorry OT)

Oh, i've just turned 13 btw
    and I'm really scared mostly, because there is this boy who's 11, and he's already playing challengers.
    I'm a girl, and even if I make it through the college circuit, I don't know any girl who went into the wta after collegiate.

Quote Originally Posted by 03White View Post
    Oh, i've just turned 13 btw
    and I'm really scared mostly, because there is this boy who's 11, and he's already playing challengers.
    I'm a girl, and even if I make it through the college circuit, I don't know any girl who went into the wta after collegiate.
    Somebody has got to break new ground.

yeah lol, true.
    Who knows, I might turn out to be talented and do really well!
    My family's played racquet sports for generations (badminton, table tennis) so, i have a chance.

yeah lol, true.
    Who knows, I might turn out to be talented and do really well!
    My family's played racquet sports for generations (badminton, table tennis) so, i have a chance.
    does this mean that you've been playing tennis for several years?

i played when i was younger, but we moved, and i took it up a few months ago. i've improved really quickly, and am at the level of a high 2.5 or 3.0. i think it's mostly because i'm really motivated, and have done martial arts and stuff.

just as a question lawn tennis, when did you start playing? you seem like your really into it.

i played when i was younger, but we moved, and i took it up a few months ago. i've improved really quickly, and am at the level of a high 2.5 or 3.0. i think it's mostly because i'm really motivated, and have done martial arts and stuff.

just as a question lawn tennis, when did you start playing? you seem like your really into it.
    That's not bad at all. If you have access to a coach, do what you can to get them to give you personal attention. You will learn and grow much faster. Proper technique goes a long way.

Martial arts is really becoming popular everywhere. It's so much more interesting than boxing or wrestling.

I only started playing tennis about nine months ago. You are right in guessing that I am crazy about tennis. I like playing other sports like basketball, football, and baseball, but tennis is my passion. When I was younger, my Dad and Uncle would play tennis.. I would watch and after they were done, I would play with my older brother, but it never lasted more than ten minutes. We just didn't have junior equipment nor somebody there to motivate us. So yeah, it's been about nine months. I'm actually at a 3.5 level and I've beat 4.0 players. *sigh* ...if only I had started many years ago

Came in late here....
    And totally depends on your growth spurt period. If you grew fully by 14, don't expect to make the pro tour first or second rounds now.
    If you are still growing, your chances are much better, you have a chance until your main growth spurt is over 7 years.
    Good training, genes, and NO INJURIES the 3 keys.

i still have a few inches in me, so yeah.

i still have a few inches in me, so yeah.
    how tall are you?

Greetings Erik and Welcome to TennisW.Com.
    I am truly sorry that I wasn't able to greet you when you first joined our Community but as you can clearly see, we have some real fantastic Members here willing & ready to make you feel right at home.

Ok to the Meat of the Matter as they say ...The question you ask is as old as who's the GOAT and no one ever seems to have the Nuts & Bolts answer to this .
    Passion - Ability - Determination - Financial Backing - Sacrifice - Focus

And if all of these attributes are no problem for you, changes are you're still going to face the incredible chance of failure to succeed to the Pro Level (maybe).

Get your business plan together so to speak. Figure out what you're willing to have happen in your life and what you're willing to settle for and Do Not Allow those lines to get blurred. In other words, let's say you decide that fighting your way to the Pros is proving to hard some days and you run across an offer to coach or work as a hitting partner for someone who is working their way to the Pros. Do you say to yourself, ok I tried and it didn't workout so I guess maybe I should just do this instead?

Well that's for you to decide of course BUT I'm thinking that would be the very point where you've given up on your dream and there's not a single Player on the Circuit that didn't start from a dream, the only difference is, they stuck with it through everything. It's a test a One's Resolve and you will be tested all along the way. You will get beat by Players you think you are better than and that will make you have 2nd thoughts on if you're actually good enough, etc.

There will be times when training is the last thing in the World you want to hear. You will not want to get up and run for miles and then hit the Gym and then hit tennis balls and then back to running again for some more miles.

You're going to miss a lot of parties that your friends go to while you're training and that little guy sitting on your shoulder is going to be asking you why are you doing this when you know deep inside you're not good enough for the Pros so you're missing your best years at that very moment. And the sad thing is, many days, your going to believe that little guy and blow training off.

I really like what my friend TennisKing says about Playing & Playing to win etc. In the beginning when you're learning how to fly, what you & your Coach should be focused on is playing matches to see where your strengths & weaknesses are. Your Coach should be writing so much info down He/She gets Writer's Cramp. Things like >

Backhand
    Backhand Under Pressure
    Forehand
    Forehand Under Pressure
    Serve
    Serve at Breakpoint against.
    Net Approach
    Do you know when to come into the Net ... on & on

So my suggestion to you is figure out what do you really want and give it a real chance to succeed before you hang it up. New faces show up on the Tour every year. Most don't get pass the Quallies but if you stick with it, one day you will actually win 3 matches and find yourself in the main draw of something but it doesn't stop there, it keeps going for another 7 (right?)

Good Luck,
    Coach

The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Coach! Thanks for that awsome answer, i recognize myself in the "little guy on the shoulder" part that's telling me to stop. Anyways thanks again for your post, help'd me alot.