» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 592

0 members and 592 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Yeah i know, with Mats Willander, Stefan Edberg and Bjorn Borg. That's true, they don't take any coaches outside of the county, maybe that's what they should do. I acctually found a guy and asked him yesterday, and he said yes but i'm not really sure, how much do i have to train every day? What did you train in my age? 4h ea day? including strength and stamina? 5h? I did read your training schedule as a pro tennis player, was that what you train'd at my age too?
    I trained until I was tired of training. There is no perfect schedule. If you can go out and really get a good workout in and it benefit you in some way, who's to say how long you must train. I trained too much. That was not a good schedule. I think 1.5 hours of stroke training in the morning followed by lunch and then another 2 hours of point playing and strategy is enough on the court. However, those are focused hours with a player or two and a coach. Another 45 minutes in the gym lifting weights and 30 minutes of hardcore cardio and that should be perfect. You can back off that schedule according to how you feel. I recommend following the same stroke training and playing for a week at a time in order to get lots of repetition, but you need to change it up after a week in order to not get bored and burned out. Crosstraining is very good to. Soccer is a great footwork sport and really works on quick feet. Do things to improve your balance. This is important. At your age and with school, 3-4 hours on court a day is plenty. Make sure you focus and are intense in those practice sessions. Work through your bad days and train harder on your good ones........

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    I trained until I was tired of training. There is no perfect schedule. If you can go out and really get a good workout in and it benefit you in some way, who's to say how long you must train. I trained too much. That was not a good schedule. I think 1.5 hours of stroke training in the morning followed by lunch and then another 2 hours of point playing and strategy is enough on the court. However, those are focused hours with a player or two and a coach. Another 45 minutes in the gym lifting weights and 30 minutes of hardcore cardio and that should be perfect. You can back off that schedule according to how you feel. I recommend following the same stroke training and playing for a week at a time in order to get lots of repetition, but you need to change it up after a week in order to not get bored and burned out. Crosstraining is very good to. Soccer is a great footwork sport and really works on quick feet. Do things to improve your balance. This is important. At your age and with school, 3-4 hours on court a day is plenty. Make sure you focus and are intense in those practice sessions. Work through your bad days and train harder on your good ones........
    Okey cool man! Thanks very much for all of your answers.
    Last edited by Erik; 10-09-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Okey cool man! Thanks very much for all of you're answers.
    I just saw your question about your forehand. Here is a good one. Have a partner or coach feed to you on this one. You stand in the middle on the baseline. Set up cones to hit to on the other side and pick one for the first 20 ball feeding session. Then, for twenty balls, you hit nothing but big forehands. It doesn't matter where the ball is fed, you hit forehands to one of the cones. I usually would hit 5 to one cone and then switch to the other cone. But anywhere they are fed, you have to hit a forehand. Always go for your shots and be aggressive. Do not miss either. Another thing to do to strengthen yourself is to add lots of lead tape to an old racquet of yours. Practice swing the racquet and even hit some easy balls with it. This will strengthen your arm tremendously and help you to increase your racquet head speed. Remember, the only real way to add power to an already good stroke is to either a) increase racquet head speed or b) increase the mass of the racquet and the body behind the racquet. Lifting weights will add mass and strength to you and will help you increase your racquet head speed because you will be stronger. I have had good results with adding the weight to the old racquet. Use it to warm your arm up before each training session and just to strengthen your arm and wrist. Give those things a try. They work for sure.....

Hi tennisking!

Long time since i wrote now (didn't have time, lots of training). I was just logging on to say that i changed my grip on the forehand side and it's working very well! Didn't play any tournaments with it yet though, but i will.

/ Erik

Hi tennisking!

Long time since i wrote now (didn't have time, lots of training). I was just logging on to say that i changed my grip on the forehand side and it's working very well! Didn't play any tournaments with it yet though, but i will.

/ Erik
    what grip did you come from and go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    what grip did you come from and go to?
    Uhm i don't really know the exactly names of the grip. I had an "very much" topspin grip, maybe an western grip? I still got the topspin grip but not as much as before, it works very good. I've won 3 out of 3 matches since i switched.! I'm on the go:P:P!

Uhm i don't really know the exactly names of the grip. I had an "very much" topspin grip, maybe an western grip? I still got the topspin grip but not as much as before, it works very good. I've won 3 out of 3 matches since i switched.! I'm on the go:P:P!
    cool I hope it works for you. you are probably using a semi-western grip now. that's pretty much what i use and it works very nicely for me too. keep us updated on how your matches turn out.