» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 525

0 members and 525 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tennis Sponsorship

OK campers! Lets give you a break. IF I was a international Fresh Fruit Juice company and I WAS giving out sponsorships to junior players, HOW will you be able to promote my company and be an ambassador to my company if I do give you some financial help?
    Be very creative!! I'm more interested in your IDEAS than in your accomplishments, prizes and rankings....
    e-mail me: smellmaster007@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Tennismaster007; 05-05-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Unhappy No Replies?!?!

OK, it just shows you how keen the youngsters are at getting a sponsorship!!
    I've had NO e-mails yet regarding the thread I posted...

Maybe it just shows that some players just want everything to fall in their lap and doesn't really want to work for it?
    Maybe the sponsorships are not really THAT necessary then! Mommy and Daddy will pay for it all!

The challenge is still out there though! Write me an e-mail telling me exactly WHY I should sponsor you, if I was a big company looking to use a junior tennis player as a promoter for my fresh fruit juice business.
    WHY should I do it?
    HOW will you do it?
    WHAT have you accomplished with your tennis sofar to qualify you as a worty investment for me?

Lets see what you can come up with!!

I'm waiting for a response too. These are very legitimate questions. The problem is that there are many players who say that they need sponsorship, but when it comes time to find out what they have to offer in return, you get nada. Whereas, there are a number of good players who don't get the sponsorship and who are really deserving of it. For some the problem is because the parents want everything for themselves. Selfish attitude, but we live in a selfish world.

Make sure that if you sponsor somebody that you are getting something out of it. I'll give you two examples why you should not.

1. You don't want anyone using up what you have and then have absolutely nothing to give back. You will feel used and abused.

2. Make sure that the individual that you are sponsoring appreciates you and what you're doing for them, like giving credit to your name or your company. I'm telling you, if you don't make sure that this happens, they will just get what they want and then move on. The next thing you know, someone else is living in the glory that was a result of all of the money that you put out.

Here are some other things that I'll let you know. I've sponsored players and they've had absolutely nothing to give back. They don't even know how to call you to keep you posted about how things are going for them. It's called, "take your money and run". I could go into even more detail, but that should get to the point. Then, I had another player who is now ranked in the top 100, who has gotten a lot of advice from me regarding many aspects of improving their overall game. This even includes personal matters. One small example such as they couldn't get along with their coach. Well now this player has not only a good ranking, but they are bringing in good cash. I have seen nothing of it, not even a mention or a thank you. The only one who gets it all now is the coach.

I know another top individual in the tennis world who helped someone. They raised quite of money, thousands of dollars, to help one of the juniors. They didn't hear from the kid for a long time until the kid needed money again. This time around the answer was not just no, but it was hell no!

The bottom line is, if they can’t do nothing for you, don’t do nothing for them.

. . . That is unless you can see that it could be beneficial to you or to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennismaster007
    OK, it just shows you how keen the youngsters are at getting a sponsorship!!
    I've had NO e-mails yet regarding the thread I posted...

Maybe it just shows that some players just want everything to fall in their lap and doesn't really want to work for it?
    Maybe the sponsorships are not really THAT necessary then! Mommy and Daddy will pay for it all!

The challenge is still out there though! Write me an e-mail telling me exactly WHY I should sponsor you, if I was a big company looking to use a junior tennis player as a promoter for my fresh fruit juice business.
    WHY should I do it?
    HOW will you do it?
    WHAT have you accomplished with your tennis sofar to qualify you as a worty investment for me?

Lets see what you can come up with!!

Thank you

Well said PowerfulOne.
    I still have no e-mails about ideas from up and coming players...
    and is it just me or have the sponsorship forum gone really quiet?

Thanks Tennismaster007, I assure you that it's from experience. Being
    around this environment, I see what goes on time and time again. It
    doesn't surprise me that you don't have any emails as yet. I guess the
    individuals who claim that they need sponsorship have to gather
    their thoughts on how to respond, how it will be reciprocated. Let's see
    how long that takes.

There are some tennis facilities that sponsor kids and have special
    programs for them. They do that a lot in the juniors. Of course, there
    are times when those facilities are expecting some of those kids to do
    well and they don't do jack. Then the kids that they did not sponsor
    turn around and does better than the kids that they invested their money
    in.

"My loss is your gain."

Don't make the mistake that I've made or that I see others making all of
    the time.

I also read somewhere on this board where one kid was saying that the
    sponsors always want to know what they can get out of it. I guess they
    think that they should get everything for free. Then afterwards, when
    they make millions you have nothing to show.

Well said PowerfulOne.
    I still have no e-mails about ideas from up and coming players...
    and is it just me or have the sponsorship forum gone really quiet?

Still no e-mails!!
    Come on guys! Tell me show me what you guys can come up with!!
    Lets brainstorm! Give us some input! Show me and PowerfulOne that there are up and coming youngsters out there that has a head attached to that tennis playing bodies!
    You have nothing to lose and remember that tennis is not just a sport, you also have to have some business sense and money sense. Doesn't matter whether you make tennis your career or not, sometime or another you'll have to come up with ideas (marketing ideas, selfpromotional ideas, business ideas) to make a living out there.
    Market yourself to me, not just your playing ability, tell me what you can do to make it worth it for me to sponsor you.
    Any ideas! nothing will be scoffed at and no idea is a bad idea!!

there is life out there!

Sofar I had 1 letter from someone that needs a sponsorship. He had a fairly avarage answer as to marketing ideas, his playing results looked pretty impressive though...

I'M A BOYS 12 JUNIOR AND i WOULD BE INTERESTED.
    1.you could give the players apparel with your logo on it.
    2.at matches they could have water bottles with your logo on it.
    3.maybe shock dampeners with the logo on it
    4.bags with the logo on it
    5.overgrips with the company name and the logo on it

LOL! I like the way you put it. But seriously, it's the truth. The youngsters have to have more than just their tennis abilities, especially if they are going to be dealing a lot with the outside world. A little bit of common sense and book sense would help a lot.

Great to know that you did get a response. If the one kid that responded has a good "resume" that's a good thing also. I hope that they keep coming.

Still no e-mails!!
    Come on guys! Tell me show me what you guys can come up with!!
    Lets brainstorm! Give us some input! Show me and PowerfulOne that there are up and coming youngsters out there that has a head attached to that tennis playing bodies!You have nothing to lose and remember that tennis is not just a sport, you also have to have some business sense and money sense. Doesn't matter whether you make tennis your career or not, sometime or another you'll have to come up with ideas (marketing ideas, selfpromotional ideas, business ideas) to make a living out there.
    Market yourself to me, not just your playing ability, tell me what you can do to make it worth it for me to sponsor you.
    Any ideas! nothing will be scoffed at and no idea is a bad idea!!

Hi Tennisboy, it's great to see you coming up with some ideas. At least you're giving it a shot. I believe that's what some people may look for, at least making an attempt to come up with something. It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisboy15
    I'M A BOYS 12 JUNIOR AND i WOULD BE INTERESTED.
    1.you could give the players apparel with your logo on it.
    2.at matches they could have water bottles with your logo on it.
    3.maybe shock dampeners with the logo on it
    4.bags with the logo on it
    5.overgrips with the company name and the logo on it

jlv Guest

Mister Master

You cant fool kids cose youy sound like Donald Tramp...

jlv Guest

mister master

No replay

tennis_luvgirl Guest

Sponsors

Hey My name is Deyza. I want a sponsor I believe if you sponsor me you would get 25% of what I get. Your name would be on all my clothes hats and bags. even shoes. I am a good tennis player. my biggest dream is to be like Venus Williams and make it to the French Open or the Wimbledon
    If you can help me email me at deyza_12@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulOne
    I'm waiting for a response too. These are very legitimate questions. The problem is that there are many players who say that they need sponsorship, but when it comes time to find out what they have to offer in return, you get nada. Whereas, there are a number of good players who don't get the sponsorship and who are really deserving of it. For some the problem is because the parents want everything for themselves. Selfish attitude, but we live in a selfish world.

Make sure that if you sponsor somebody that you are getting something out of it. I'll give you two examples why you should not.

1. You don't want anyone using up what you have and then have absolutely nothing to give back. You will feel used and abused.

2. Make sure that the individual that you are sponsoring appreciates you and what you're doing for them, like giving credit to your name or your company. I'm telling you, if you don't make sure that this happens, they will just get what they want and then move on. The next thing you know, someone else is living in the glory that was a result of all of the money that you put out.

Here are some other things that I'll let you know. I've sponsored players and they've had absolutely nothing to give back. They don't even know how to call you to keep you posted about how things are going for them. It's called, "take your money and run". I could go into even more detail, but that should get to the point. Then, I had another player who is now ranked in the top 100, who has gotten a lot of advice from me regarding many aspects of improving their overall game. This even includes personal matters. One small example such as they couldn't get along with their coach. Well now this player has not only a good ranking, but they are bringing in good cash. I have seen nothing of it, not even a mention or a thank you. The only one who gets it all now is the coach.

I know another top individual in the tennis world who helped someone. They raised quite of money, thousands of dollars, to help one of the juniors. They didn't hear from the kid for a long time until the kid needed money again. This time around the answer was not just no, but it was hell no!

The bottom line is, if they can’t do nothing for you, don’t do nothing for them.

. . . That is unless you can see that it could be beneficial to you or to both of you.

tennis_luvgirl Guest

u gota problem

Quote Originally Posted by jlv
    You cant fool kids cose youy sound like Donald Tramp...
    what is your problem

if anyone would sponsor me that would be great. i'm a junior playing in the usta boys 16 singles. i'm top 25 in the midwest contact me for further information. my goal is to get into a great tennis college and win a championship for my school while achieving a #1 tennis ranking in the collegient level. for further information contact me at iamtheshadowfox@gmail.com
    thanks
    -theman