» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 475

0 members and 475 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello,

I would think in this day and age of marketing, kids would at least have some idea of how to respond to this question. I just turned 40 and 3 months ago decided to get back into tennis after a 15 year vacation. I used to be a solid 4.0-4.5 player. I am in the best shape of my life now and after noticing that I was beating 3.5 players, and even a couple of 4.0’s, I have decided to start playing all of the USTA events in my state. My goal is to be in the top 20 of 3.5 players in SC next year. The year after, I want to do the same in the 4.0, after that 4.5. I am going to need some kind of financial help with the travel equipment, clothing, etc. Thing is, I’m too old to have a major sponsor, they only want youngsters.

Wearing your sponsor’s logo during a match isn’t enough to make them want to invest in you. I believe my answer to the question posed would involve ideas like this:

I would wear something with their logo all of the time out in public. I would be seen using their product and I would tell other people about how good it was. I would know as much about the product as folks who sell it and be able to answer questions about it. I would offer to sit at a display booth and hand out samples, coupons, or other promotional materials after the matches. I would mention the sponsor and give thanks to them if given the chance to speak publicly about my tennis matches. These are just a few ideas right off the top of my head. Turn your thinking caps on and use some imagination and creativity.

A sponsored player needs to be an ambassador for the company that they represent. You need to forge a long term relationship. For them, it is like making a major purchase of manufacturing equipment. They can’t justify the cost of such a purchase without seeing the value it presents. You have to show them that you are cost effective and will provide a good return of investment. They aren’t interested in your prize money. After all, if you aren’t a pro yet, how are you going to get paid anything? Build a good relationship and you will be surprised how your commitment to each other will grow over time.

I’m too old to ever play pro, but I will find someone to sponsor my amateur play next year despite my age. Why, you ask? Because I know how to sell myself and I am confident in my abilities on and off the court. It may not be a big sponsor, but any help is better than no help at all. Be willing to start small and remember that salesmanship and follow-up commitment to your sponsor is just as important as your ranking on the court, maybe even more so!

CH

Vamos RAFA Guest

Smile I need a tennissponsorships

Hello my name is Michael-John i'm 12 years old. I come from the Caribean (Curacao). I'm #1 in my category under 12. Next month i'm going to Suriname for a tennis tournament and i want to play more internationale tournaments but i can't aford all of that and that's why i need this sponsorship

In need of sponsorhip!!

Hi I am a 15 year old junior tennis player in the UK, I play at a high standerd and play division 1 and national league division 1 tennis. However I cannot afford to pay for my euquipment as my parents are split up and therefore I have a lack of money and cannot afford equitpment but love the game and hoping to go pro in the next few years. If anyone is interested could you please contact me via e-mail dchrsgrgry@aol.com

4 years old cute girl player

Just look at her:
    www.dropshots.com/mikaella
    Thanks!

My response to this is.. why would anyone want to be sponsored by a FruitJuice company? FruitJuice companies cannot give them rackets, bags, etc.. but real tennis companies can.
    Prince Tennis

http://www.princetennis.com

Red face in response

Quote Originally Posted by Tennismaster007 View Post
    OK, it just shows you how keen the youngsters are at getting a sponsorship!!
    I've had NO e-mails yet regarding the thread I posted...

Maybe it just shows that some players just want everything to fall in their lap and doesn't really want to work for it?
    Maybe the sponsorships are not really THAT necessary then! Mommy and Daddy will pay for it all!

The challenge is still out there though! Write me an e-mail telling me exactly WHY I should sponsor you, if I was a big company looking to use a junior tennis player as a promoter for my fresh fruit juice business.
    WHY should I do it?
    HOW will you do it?
    WHAT have you accomplished with your tennis sofar to qualify you as a worty investment for me?

Lets see what you can come up with!!

Hello...

I understand your frustration with the "youngsters" and after seeing your thread I wanted to respond but didn't due to the fact that you wanted the "junior" players. There are many of "us" out there that are attempting the pro circuit who are just as good if not better due to experience looking for sponsors as well who are not the "just take the money and run" type because we don't have our parents involved. Instead we are more mature, work hard for the money we make just so that we can practice and train for the circuit and have a different understanding and appreciation of the whole situation. I used to be sponsored by a company in 2003 and I always promoted, advertised, and "gave back" to the owner when I travelled or did well but unfortunately he retired and moved away.
    Anyway, I just wanted to respond to what seem to be a frustrated thread. You are right, they want it easy....but just as you are frustrated so are many of us who are in our late twenties or early thirties looking and not understanding why we who are self determined, self passioned, and self enthusiastic don't get the same offers. We are not pushed by our parents, coaches, or influences...instead we are pushed by our passion and love of the game especially when it has been a part of ones life from the time they could walk. I hope there is someone out there that can appreciate what you have to offer.

Frustrated female tennis player

marco

my name is marco I need to find a place to have lessons that will help me get to be a better player.

I love tennis and my best player is nadal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsu1o0QZeu4

hi, im a junior playing in the under 14 singles, right now I am not near the tops of any ranking or ratings but I believe i have potential to be a great tennis player. I am hard working and don't give up easily.If you sponsered me I would emmediately start wearing clothes and shoes which have your name/logo on them and start spreading the word about how you helped me...i would also make a wesite showing my progress over the years and would put a lot of information about you (the sponsor)
    if you're intersted please reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennismaster007 View Post
    OK, it just shows you how keen the youngsters are at getting a sponsorship!!
    I've had NO e-mails yet regarding the thread I posted...

Maybe it just shows that some players just want everything to fall in their lap and doesn't really want to work for it?
    Maybe the sponsorships are not really THAT necessary then! Mommy and Daddy will pay for it all!

The challenge is still out there though! Write me an e-mail telling me exactly WHY I should sponsor you, if I was a big company looking to use a junior tennis player as a promoter for my fresh fruit juice business.
    WHY should I do it?
    HOW will you do it?
    WHAT have you accomplished with your tennis sofar to qualify you as a worty investment for me?

Lets see what you can come up with!!
    Hello tennismaster007
    I am currently playing 14 and under ia am ranked 15 in my county in England. But at the same time improving. Please reply with an answer a.s.a.p.
    You wont regreat it so please get in touch.

15 in your county isnt very good at all. Im second in my county and still probably wouldnt get sponsorship/

I highly doubt you are really giving scholarships,
    I meant don't you have any sort of site and or program to give us some form of information?
    To prove to us you REALLY have the scholarships?

If your 15, I am quite sure that you wouldn't be look at something as simple as scholarships.
    If you are that good, you should be a playing junior grand slams.
    Maybe, it's different over there, though.
    I'd start talking to your coach about entering serious tournaments though.
    ~And 15 is a terrific ranking so I think you should try to make good use of it.
    Last edited by Robyna; 07-23-2009 at 05:24 AM.

no its different here robyna. Im second in my county .

That person above who says he's 15 cant be that great as countys arent really big areas so it isnt very hard to be no 15

Maybe because your country has less people playing 'seriously' or something.
    I don't know but here if you are in the top 100 you automatically have a chance of entering any junior slams and people will most certainly be impressed and most likely accept you to any academy.
    And, even if the country is small, there should be some form of 'opportunity' offered.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

You have to be like top 100 in the world to get into junior slams.

64 - main draw
    32 - qualifying

So only if your top 100 in the world.

Being top 100 in the USA isnt that great.
    Last edited by Coach; 08-01-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Other Comments Do Not Relate to Topic