» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 750

0 members and 750 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Hello

Hello

I'm pretty new to tennis. My brother and I just started playing in July. We're both athletic but have found that the team sports have fallen apart over the years as teammates get families, jobs, etc and lose time/interest in playing. I'm 30 now and he's 32.

So we picked up tennis since its a single or doubles game. It's definitely different since you don't have anyone to rely on to help you out if you are having an off day. But its been very enjoyable. I have no idea what level we are at the moment. Pretty low, I would guess.

Anyway I look forward to picking anyone's brain who will lend a hand. We're looking to get into some low level tournaments next Spring. It will be nice to have some competitive juices flowing.

Nice to meet you,
    Chris

If you brother fails you in the near future, you can try golf.

I took that path already and only recently comes back to tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by andylo View Post

If you brother fails you in the near future, you can try golf.

I took that path already and only recently comes back to tennis.
    nah, dont do that. there are tons of people to play tennis with. and hopefully he sticks with it like you do. welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully my brother doesn't want to stop anytime soon. He just bought a pretty nice racket so I doubt he'll think about it anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSmitty View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully my brother doesn't want to stop anytime soon. He just bought a pretty nice racket so I doubt he'll think about it anytime soon.
    good what racket do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    good what racket do you use?
    I'm still using a $15 Wilson racket from Wal-Mart. I didn't want to invest much until I knew I would enjoy it... and I do! That was going to be one of my first questions (rackets). I believe my brother's is a Prince (?) but I will check this evening when we play.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSmitty View Post
    I'm still using a $15 Wilson racket from Wal-Mart. I didn't want to invest much until I knew I would enjoy it... and I do! That was going to be one of my first questions (rackets). I believe my brother's is a Prince (?) but I will check this evening when we play.
    Normally I think it's a good idea to get a decent racket before one becomes reliant on the power of a cheap racket. Once you do switch to a better frame and string combo, your game will slip for a little while because you've been playing with a trampoline for a racket. however, maybe by next spring you will have forgotten the feel of a $15 stick. good luck!