» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 513

0 members and 513 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Abusive Coaches and More . . .

I hope that everyone who gets the Tennis magazine reads the article on page 23, Code of Conduct. This is another example of what goes on with these coaches and these young girls. If you didn't read it, you should. If you don't get this magazine, maybe someone can share it with you or even post some of it here. I don't have the resources right now to do that.

By the way, that article is about one of the coaches and what he's done to several players. They don't talk about this stuff enough and it should be talked about, even though some of these young players get very intimidated by their coach. Talking about control freaks, yes they are.

Once again, the USTA is screwing up with the ranking in the Juniors.
    This is one of the problems that happens all the time. Especially when you have one kid who is not training at certain facility (and they are successful) that claim that they raise champions. Because their people, who they consider champions are not winning, they call in and have people jack the
    rankings up (to benefit the juniors that belong to their facility) or just not include tournament results (for individuals who do not belong to their faciltiy)which makes it look like their athletes are better than the rest. There is some sick crap that's going on.

On another note, someone mentioned to me that they recently traveled overseas and found one coach dragging a junior player by her hair and slapping her in the head because she didn't win a match. This is absurd, but people need to talk about this more and more. It's not just the
    abuse by the obsessive coaches, but some of the other things that
    are going on behind the scenes. This bullsh$t has got to stop.

One another note, I think it's past due time that some of these players in the pro circuit are drug tested. There are too many of them that are slipping through the cracks on purpose.
    Last edited by PowerfulOne; 05-30-2006 at 01:23 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulOne
    I hope that everyone who gets the Tennis magazine reads the article on page 23, Code of Conduct. This is another example of what goes on with these coaches and these young girls. If you didn't read it, you should. If you don't get this magazine, maybe someone can share it with you or even post some of it here. I don't have the resources right now to do that.

By the way, that article is about one of the coaches and what he's done to several players. They don't talk about this stuff enough and it should be talked about, even though some of these young players get very intimidated by their coach. Talking about control freaks, yes they are.

Once again, the USTA is screwing up with the ranking in the Juniors.
    This is one of the problems that happens all the time. Especially when you have one kid who is not training at certain facility (and they are successful) that claim that they raise champions. Because their people, who they consider champions are not winning, they call in and have people jack the
    rankings up (to benefit the juniors that belong to their facility) or just not include tournament results (for individuals who do not belong to their faciltiy)which makes it look like their athletes are better than the rest. There is some sick crap that's going on.

On another note, someone mentioned to me that they recently traveled overseas and found one coach dragging a junior player by her hair and slapping her in the head because she didn't win a match. This is absurd, but people need to talk about this more and more. It's not just the
    abuse by the obsessive coaches, but some of the other things that
    are going on behind the scenes. This bullsh$t has got to stop.

One another note, I think it's past due time that some of these players in the pro circuit are drug tested. There are too many of them that are slipping through the cracks on purpose.
    i love henin!shes the best