» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 669

0 members and 669 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

I use to play tennis almost every night of the week. But that was 17 years ago. I had kids and quit playing. Now the kids want to learn how to play, so I am easing my way back into the game I love. Things have changed a lot with the rackets, but everything else feels and smells the same. Well, the court seems a lot bigger than it used too...

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by PatJewett View Post
    I use to play tennis almost every night of the week. But that was 17 years ago. I had kids and quit playing. Now the kids want to learn how to play, so I am easing my way back into the game I love. Things have changed a lot with the rackets, but everything else feels and smells the same. Well, the court seems a lot bigger than it used too...

Pat
    I know what you mean about the size of the Courts. It takes my old legs longer to get to the other side these days I've found. Anyway, we are pleased you've decided back and only that on a regular basis will shrink the Court once again for you.

You didn't mention how old your kids are so let me ask, are they of the age where basic tennis instructions will benefit their game from you or a professional?

If they are, make sure to help them along the way because it will make the game much more pleasurable for them & you alike. If the facility you are playing has a Wall, that would be a nice place to establish their very basic ability to strike the ball when it gets to them.

In the meantime welcome to TennisW.Com and if you have any questions about TennisW.Com (TW) feel free to either PM me about the matter or throw it out there for others to respond.

Welcome,
    Coach
    Senior Management team

The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

That''s great. I also restarted Tennis three years back after being away from the game for an equal number of years. I play six days a week. The equipment has changed a lot all right. Looking forward to the forum.