» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 523

0 members and 523 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

New Coach with Smith/Stearns Tennis Academy

Well, I just took a position as one of the coaches with the Smith/Stearns Tennis Academy on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Great coaches to work with and well-behaved and very talented junior players at the academy. No tennis parent issues and it seems everything works in good harmony at this academy. I have worked at Hopman and Bollettieri and I do believe this one has the most potential. I am excited. If any of you guys or gals have never heard of it, give it a google. Sea Pines is one nice resort and this academy (if you are a junior) is well worth a look if you are looking at taking that path. The kids all get along and actually seem to enjoy being at the academy. I start February 1, so keep you guys and gals posted.

Wish you all the best in your new job, TK!

Quote Originally Posted by tennisplayer View Post
    Wish you all the best in your new job, TK!
    Thank you. I hope everyone is having a merry Christmas.

Great news tk, Sounds like you found a good place to stay in!
    Wish you all the best in 2010!

- Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Great news tk, Sounds like you found a good place to stay in!
    Wish you all the best in 2010!

- Erik
    Thanks my friend. Keep training. If you ever come this way, please look us up. My picture and info. will be on the website after I begin February 1st. Great facility, staff, and kids. Everyone gets along like no other training facility I have seen. It impresses me regardless of whether I work there or not. 23 clay courts, very well stocked pro shop, and a 2-3 thousand seat stadium court. Located at Sea Pines Resort. Give it a look.......

WOW! 23 clay courts, that's impressive. Yeah i've checked it out a few times before it looks really sweet.
    The future will tell I'm not quite sure yet what I'm going to do after high school. That school is only up to 18 years right?
    Do you know any other ways to go except collage?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    WOW! 23 clay courts, that's impressive. Yeah i've checked it out a few times before it looks really sweet.
    The future will tell I'm not quite sure yet what I'm going to do after high school. That school is only up to 18 years right?
    Do you know any other ways to go except collage?
    We have college players come in to train. Now don't forget, here in America, there are universities that give scholarships for both academics and athletics. Division 1 schools are the big schools and the Division 2 schools tend to be smaller. There are many very small Division 3 schools, but they only give academic scholarships. I know Lander University is a tiny college in South Carolina and they used to have some seriously good Swedish players come in on tennis scholarships. They beat the University of Georgia a number of times and Georgia is a powerhouse in Division 1. My advice to you is to play a lot of tennis and matches. You never know, you may get all 4 years of University paid for if you are good enough.......

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    We have college players come in to train. Now don't forget, here in America, there are universities that give scholarships for both academics and athletics. Division 1 schools are the big schools and the Division 2 schools tend to be smaller. There are many very small Division 3 schools, but they only give academic scholarships. I know Lander University is a tiny college in South Carolina and they used to have some seriously good Swedish players come in on tennis scholarships. They beat the University of Georgia a number of times and Georgia is a powerhouse in Division 1. My advice to you is to play a lot of tennis and matches. You never know, you may get all 4 years of University paid for if you are good enough.......
    Okey, sounds great.
    I guess i'll just keep training alot and we will see where that leads.