» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 527

0 members and 527 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    Heck, I am about to talk myself into a plane ticket to Argentina..............
    lol, okay

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    lol, okay
    Safin definitely was one to chase the ladies, the cars, the glitz. Once you hit a certain level, you know what you need to do to stay there, get back there, or hover around the area. He did enough to hover around the area. I am sure he had times where he trained hard and really worked, but I can assure you when the next guy is training hard daily and doing the things it takes to be the best, if Marat is/was not willing to do so, he would lose. That is why I have always believed that in order to be the best, you have to be a little eccentric. The guys that shy away from the crowd, the mall, the parties and would rather have a quiet life when not performing. Who knows, Del Potro might be that type. I am not sure. A lot of it is who you hang around with. It is inevitable that if you have friends that love going out, you will most likely get dragged into it. Nadal seems to have surrounded himself with older, more mature people and Federer keeps a very small, eccentric group around him. Marat=party monster. I think he hung on, even when he didn't want to play, for the glitz, glamour, and fortune. Once you get the taste, it's hard to let go. He admitted to hating tennis for awhile. What else would have kept him around? The free food in the player's lounge? Ha! Yeah right!

Interestingly, I just heard that Andy Murray's girl friend & him recently broke their relationship with her charging that Andy is addicted to Gaming to the tune of 7 hours per day in front of a Flat Screen battling against friends.

Ok, it's not hanging in the Pubs or Clubs but if you think about being away from training for at least 7hrs per day, add sleeping, eating, do you think this has played any part in Andy's overall motivation? His performance has certainly suffered as of late giving Nikolay Davydenko a nice little peek at the Big Boy's Club, which btw just bcuz you can see the opening doesn't mean you can do much about it.

Davydenko has taken full advantage of this great fortune but don't be too surprised, this time around bcuz we tend to have at least one player on the ATP or WTA who steps up and gains a bunch of points, beats bunch of people and then goes away as quickly as they came in.

Coach

The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Interestingly, I just heard that Andy Murray's girl friend & him recently broke their relationship with her charging that Andy is addicted to Gaming to the tune of 7 hours per day in front of a Flat Screen battling against friends.

Ok, it's not hanging in the Pubs or Clubs but if you think about being away from training for at least 7hrs per day, add sleeping, eating, do you think this has played any part in Andy's overall motivation? His performance has certainly suffered as of late giving Nikolay Davydenko a nice little peek at the Big Boy's Club, which btw just bcuz you can see the opening doesn't mean you can do much about it.

Davydenko has taken full advantage of this great fortune but don't be too surprised, this time around bcuz we tend to have at least one player on the ATP or WTA who steps up and gains a bunch of points, beats bunch of people and then goes away as quickly as they came in.

Coach

Coach,

But Davydenko has been top ten and even top five for years.