» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 528

0 members and 528 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Age limitations of Skipping

Since my footwork is poor, I was advised to skip by a senior player even for club play. Another player said that at my age(44), I cannot skip at all even if it is on non synthetic or non cemented surface. Can someone kindly confirm this or comment on this please.

Depends on your current physical condition. If you're fit, you can do most anything a 22 year old can do. If you're really out of shape, consult your physician before any physical activity.
    I"m 60, play mostly with players 20 years younger than me, or more. I move as fast side to side as any of them, but lack some moving back to cover overheads on lobs that would land within 6' of the baseline. I give them a winner if they lobbed with topspin.
    You gotta realize your physical attributes, and not go over a certain level of exertion.
    44, like 16 years ago, like '95, was a bad time for me physically, but growing older and not exercising, it's gotten much better.
    I still can surf a 6' tri fin surfboard, windsurf with the best in slalom, wave, and course racing, play OK 5.5 doubles (but maybe 4.0 singles), get over the sides of superpipes with single spins but no inverted moves, and ski any run that SquawValley or Heavenly (Gunbarrel), with only stops to wait for my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
    Depends on your current physical condition. If you're fit, you can do most anything a 22 year old can do. If you're really out of shape, consult your physician before any physical activity.
    I"m 60, play mostly with players 20 years younger than me, or more. I move as fast side to side as any of them, but lack some moving back to cover overheads on lobs that would land within 6' of the baseline. I give them a winner if they lobbed with topspin.
    You gotta realize your physical attributes, and not go over a certain level of exertion.
    44, like 16 years ago, like '95, was a bad time for me physically, but growing older and not exercising, it's gotten much better.
    I still can surf a 6' tri fin surfboard, windsurf with the best in slalom, wave, and course racing, play OK 5.5 doubles (but maybe 4.0 singles), get over the sides of superpipes with single spins but no inverted moves, and ski any run that SquawValley or Heavenly (Gunbarrel), with only stops to wait for my friends.
    That's the best way to live. Many years ago, my brother and I were throwing a baseball in the park when an 87 year old man came jogging up to us. He stopped to give us some pointers on how to throw a baseball efficiently and effectively. He was a MLB first baseman back in the day. Then he took off jogging right back up the hill. When I'm 87 (if I live that long) that's exactly the shape I will try to be in.

Thanks LeeD amd Lawn Tennis. That was really inspiring. I only do a proper warm up(15 minutes including skipping, lunges, toe tuches, push ups etc) before about an hour and half of Tennis. I try to to yoga for 15 mnutes five days a week. If there are any special fitness tips, do let me know. I want to be able to play as long as possible.