» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 640

0 members and 640 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    i can tell you from experience, a knee injury can take a year to heal completely. i think Nadal should either stop playing tennis till late 2010 or he should change his style temporarily. sure he would drop in the ranks - probably out of the top 10, but he would gain so much down the road. his game would be more versatile. he would be able to recover completely if he played more of a serve n volley/ cat and mouse game.
    Surely he could play just the Masters 1000 events and the majors and he'd be alright??
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    Surely he could play just the Masters 1000 events and the majors and he'd be alright??
    Time to stop playing for awhile and have them take his name off the rankings so he can start fresh when he does come back. He needs a minimum of 8 months off and then he should play only on clay for a few months..........

Exactly. and if he starts to feel any bit uncomfortable, pull out. it's a shame actually. so many people said Nadal wouldn't make it very far at the rate he was going. i really hope all those people are wrong and that Nadal makes a full recovery.

Nadal

I love watching Nadal play tennis and am very sad that he he did not make it.
    It is hard getting to the number one tennis spot in the world but even harder staying at the number one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elize View Post
    I love watching Nadal play tennis and am very sad that he he did not make it.
    It is hard getting to the number one tennis spot in the world but even harder staying at the number one spot.
    +1 maintaining the number one spot for a year requires some incredible tennis in this current lineup.

I think Nadal's problem is Nike won't let him bring the guns out.

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    lol, Nadal can do whatever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    His guns aren't as high calibre as they used to be...
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

His guns aren't as high calibre as they used to be...
    He needs to work his triceps out. Especially his right arm. We tennis players are notorious for being racquet-arm heavy. He is still a beast in comparison to Marin Cilic though! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    He needs to work his triceps out. Especially his right arm. We tennis players are notorious for being racquet-arm heavy. He is still a beast in comparison to Marin Cilic though! Lol!
    lol yeah, Cilic looks like stretch-arm-strong.

Quote Originally Posted by mal-j View Post
    Prediction. Nadal to dominate 2010 and return to number one. The guy has had injuries to contend with and to write him off is premature. When fully fit he is the best player in the world - period.
    You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by mal-j View Post
    You heard it here first.
    We did, but he's only completed half of this task. In fact, you could say he has already failed per the hard court season. If you were to reword your statement with "Nadal to dominate 2010 clay and return to number one", you'd be right on!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    We did, but he's only completed half of this task. In fact, you could say he has already failed per the hard court season. If you were to reword your statement with "Nadal to dominate 2010 clay and return to number one", you'd be right on!
    Or I could now say - already number one again and only half the season gone. He is capable of winning at Queens and Wimbledon and with the momentum from the form he has had recently it will be hard to bet against him there. I predict he will still be number one at the end of the year.

Sure is a good chance. He is looking fine.

Lest we forget, the last time Rafa was no.1 and had just won the final of the French in straights, he went on to do quite well...