Tennis

» Site Navigation

 > FAQ

» Stats

Members: 14,608
Threads: 148,602
Posts: 175,782
Top Poster: antoni (129,054)
Welcome to our newest member, MBosisto

» Online Users: 121

4 members and 117 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 601, 08-31-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    LA, California
    Posts
    151

    Who's the best player in the world right now?

    Roger? Actually I reckon Davydenko could beat anyone at the moment. In the 1st set of his match against Federer yesterday (which he won 6-4 6-4) his 1st serve %age was 100%!! Ok first serve % isn't everything but its an indication of how well he's playing right now. He also gave himself 7 chances to break Fed in the first set alone!

    I reckon he's possibly favorite for the Aus open provided there aren't any surprises.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, Iíll never be as good as a wall."

    "Whoever said, ĎItís not whether you win or lose that counts,í probably lost."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    Roger? Actually I reckon Davydenko could beat anyone at the moment. In the 1st set of his match against Federer yesterday (which he won 6-4 6-4) his 1st serve %age was 100%!! Ok first serve % isn't everything but its an indication of how well he's playing right now. He also gave himself 7 chances to break Fed in the first set alone!

    I reckon he's possibly favorite for the Aus open provided there aren't any surprises.
    i dont have the tennis channel.. what tournament are you talking about?

    also, if davydenko continues to play like he has these past few months, he sure has a good shot. he's been in the top 5 for years (except 2009 cause of his injury), and he's come very close to claiming an open. i think the law of averages is on his side.
    Last edited by Lawn Tennis; 01-09-2010 at 12:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    LA, California
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    i dont have the tennis channel.. what tournament are you talking about?
    Doha (Qatar) atp 250
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, Iíll never be as good as a wall."

    "Whoever said, ĎItís not whether you win or lose that counts,í probably lost."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    Doha (Qatar) atp 250
    that does it, im getting the tennis channel

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    LA, California
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    that does it, im getting the tennis channel
    You can just watch it on the internet at www.atdhe.net or www.stream2watch.com
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, Iíll never be as good as a wall."

    "Whoever said, ĎItís not whether you win or lose that counts,í probably lost."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sea Pines, Hilton Head, South Carolina
    Posts
    414
    Davydenko will tighten up and choke it away once he plays the Grand Slams. Sorry, I don't see him doing it. I've worked with enough Russian players and the men tend to get psychotically pissed off inside (whether they show it or not) when they aren't playing all that great and it really affects them. When he plays great, he is really good. However, things are different at the Slams. Different pressure. Even different from the end of the year tournament. That tournament still is not a Grand Slam. Less pressure of being embarrassed by someone who isn't a top player because everyone at that tournament IS a top player. It's tough going out there against a guy ranked 50 in the world when you are a top 10 player. You probably haven't seen him play before and don't know much about his game. However, he knows quite a bit about your game as you are a top player. Then, this guy takes you to 5 sets and you feel like you are playing badly. Kills your confidence. We shall see what happens, but I think a Nadal/Federer run in is inevitable............

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    LA, California
    Posts
    151
    Well, he may choke but he's pretty experienced, maybe he'll break through this year. Look at Verdasco this time last year. He has choked so many times in his career his neck must be sore, but at the Aus open he took out two top 10 players and reached the semis.

    Davydenko came from a 6-0 first set loss to beat Rafa at Doha today and Rafa was playing the best he's ever played. He has the willpower and temperament in him, its just a matter of summoning it at the right moment. Yes, he's failed in the past but someone as good as him is not gonna stay quiet in the Grand Slams much longer.

    I reckon the new top rivalry this year will centre around Nadal-Davy, Nadal-Djok or Nadal-Delpo. I can see a lot of GS finals turning out like that for the time being. Federer has lost his hunger to win or he's losing interest in the game (wife and kids etc.), and I think he's gonna have real trouble capturing any GS other than Wimbledon.

    Actually Wimbledon will be VERY interesting. Right now I reckon the only people who have the wood on Rafa are Delpo, Djokovic and Davydenko...but they aren't good on grass. I predict a Federer Nadal final where Nadal will be the favorite (on current form). Nadal should definitely win Roland Garros but the other two majors are wide open. Apart from Murray, it could be anyone in the top 6
    Last edited by AlexLogan; 01-09-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, Iíll never be as good as a wall."

    "Whoever said, ĎItís not whether you win or lose that counts,í probably lost."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    Davydenko will tighten up and choke it away once he plays the Grand Slams. Sorry, I don't see him doing it. I've worked with enough Russian players and the men tend to get psychotically pissed off inside (whether they show it or not) when they aren't playing all that great and it really affects them. When he plays great, he is really good. However, things are different at the Slams. Different pressure. Even different from the end of the year tournament. That tournament still is not a Grand Slam. Less pressure of being embarrassed by someone who isn't a top player because everyone at that tournament IS a top player. It's tough going out there against a guy ranked 50 in the world when you are a top 10 player. You probably haven't seen him play before and don't know much about his game. However, he knows quite a bit about your game as you are a top player. Then, this guy takes you to 5 sets and you feel like you are playing badly. Kills your confidence. We shall see what happens, but I think a Nadal/Federer run in is inevitable............
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    Well, he may choke but he's pretty experienced, maybe he'll break through this year. Look at Verdasco this time last year. He has choked so many times in his career his neck must be sore, but at the Aus open he took out two top 10 players and reached the semis.

    Davydenko came from a 6-0 first set loss to beat Rafa at Doha today and Rafa was playing the best he's ever played. He has the willpower and temperament in him, its just a matter of summoning it at the right moment. Yes, he's failed in the past but someone as good as him is not gonna stay quiet in the Grand Slams much longer.

    I reckon the new top rivalry this year will centre around Nadal-Davy, Nadal-Djok or Nadal-Delpo. I can see a lot of GS finals turning out like that for the time being. Federer has lost his hunger to win or he's losing interest in the game (wife and kids etc.), and I think he's gonna have real trouble capturing any GS other than Wimbledon.

    Actually Wimbledon will be VERY interesting. Right now I reckon the only people who have the wood on Rafa are Delpo, Djokovic and Davydenko...but they aren't good on grass. I predict a Federer Nadal final where Nadal will be the favorite (on current form). Nadal should definitely win Roland Garros but the other two majors are wide open. Apart from Murray, it could be anyone in the top 6
    I'm gonna go with the same old - Nadal wins the French, and Federer wins Wimbledon. The Australian Open will be very competitive, and I can't wait! The US Open is too far for me to make a clear prediction. Injuries always plague the September tournaments.

    Thanks for the links Alex

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    I'm gonna go with the same old - Nadal wins the French, and Federer wins Wimbledon. The Australian Open will be very competitive, and I can't wait! The US Open is too far for me to make a clear prediction. Injuries always plague the September tournaments.

    Thanks for the links Alex
    I think DelPo has a good shot at both hard court slams, and an even better one at Wimby - he was knocked out last year by a Hewitt who was in better form than he has been since he was no. 1. I think Del Potro could absolutely massacre Federer on grass - if he lives up to his potential.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    LA, California
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusEffect View Post
    I think DelPo has a good shot at both hard court slams, and an even better one at Wimby - he was knocked out last year by a Hewitt who was in better form than he has been since he was no. 1. I think Del Potro could absolutely massacre Federer on grass - if he lives up to his potential.
    I dont think delpo's a good enough mover to be good on grass. He'll always be a handful because he's a great player but you need to have good variation on grass which is not one of his strengths. But yeah, I agree he's a major contender for both hard court slams.

    I think at Wimby, Fed will wipe the grass with him
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, Iíll never be as good as a wall."

    "Whoever said, ĎItís not whether you win or lose that counts,í probably lost."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    I dont think delpo's a good enough mover to be good on grass. He'll always be a handful because he's a great player but you need to have good variation on grass which is not one of his strengths. But yeah, I agree he's a major contender for both hard court slams.

    I think at Wimby, Fed will wipe the grass with him
    +1 We all know the only pro comparable to Fed on grass is Sampras.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    239

    Buy Proventil Online - Buy Proventil Cheap

    [center] [url=http://goconnection.info/?proventil]>>>>BUY PROVENTIL NOW

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    239

    Buy Epivir Online - Buy Epivir Canada

    [center] [url=http://goconnection.info/?epivir]>>>>BUY EPIVIR NOW

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    229

    Buy Digitek Online - Buy Digitek Usa

    [center] [url=http://goconnection.info/?digitek]>>>>BUY DIGITEK NOW

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14,409

    zanotti giuseppe LictGaftutimaCQ LictGaftutima

    Sarenza distributeur officiel de Giuseppe Zanotti. Découvrez un large choix de chaussures Giuseppe Zanotti. Livraison et retour toujours gratuits !Giuseppe Zanotti - Chaussures femmes, Chaussures hommes . zanotti Nous voudrions effectuer une description ici mais le site que vous consultez ne nous en laisse pas la possibilité.Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers|Giuseppe Zanotti Pas Cher|Giuseppe . Bienvenue à chaussures Giuseppe Zanotti en ligne, tous les ordres sont expédition libre, nous vous garantissons la meilleure qualité Giuseppe Zanotti nous vendonsBoutique officielle de Giuseppe Zanotti Pas Cher, Giuseppe . Découvrez la dernière collection de chaussures pour femme Giuseppe Zanotti des plus grandes boutiques - toutes au même endroit, sur ShopStyle France.Basket GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI pour Femme - Vestiaire Collective giuseppe zanotti sneakers GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Paris - Toutes les infos sur GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Paris - Avis des internautes, téléphone, horaires, itinéraires, adresse et plan. Toutes les infos et .GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI - Vinicio Boutique Chaussures - Giuseppe Zanotti Design - Collections Printemps-Été et Automne-Hiver Femme. Achetez Chaussures Giuseppe Zanotti Design Femme Online en YOOX.COM .Giuseppe Zanotti | Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers Pas Cher Soldes . zanotti sorkine Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers Men and Women's Store Main in Men's .

Similar Threads

  1. World number 2.
    By ilendl in forum Pro Players Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 05:52 PM
  2. The world of tennis
    By Maestrouno in forum New TW Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 07:57 AM
  3. Nadal is the best player in the world right now
    By Kamalakanta in forum General Tennis Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
  4. Hello Tennis World
    By michaelo in forum New TW Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 01:40 PM
  5. New Member saying hello to the world!
    By elenchus in forum New TW Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.0.1