» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 516

0 members and 516 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Laura Robson ?

Talking Laura Robson ?

Okay. So I was wactching Wimbledon last year whaen Laura Robson (GB) won. She also made it to the final of the Hopman cup with Andy Murray (GB) but lost. She's still only 15. 16 this month, she's only 4 months older than myself, but I was wondering what you guys taught bout her. Is she too young ? Is it great she's so young ? Do you guys thing shes good? Is she a next star ? What you guys think ?

I know her brother quite well (he went to my school) and i've met her a few times. she's a really nice person incidentally. I think she may be too young for the WTA tour but in the Hopman Cup yesterday she did beat the 26 ranked player in the WTA rankings so maybe she's ready...

I think she's gonna carry on in the juniors until she's easily the best and then she'll move to the full tour.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

I predict great things for Laura Robson. Within two years, if not sooner, she will be the British number one. I was very impressed with her playing in the Hopman cup. She could have a great future and good luck to her.

yeah AlexLogan, she seems real nice ! seems very shy ! I agree Mal-J ! but I think it could take 3 years at least for her to reach her full potentiol !!! I do think though that she could easily break into the top ten !! mabe top 5 or 3 !!!! She won her singles match in the Hopman final easy enough I taught 6-1 in the 1st set!! big win considering she's still only learning ! any chance of an autograph off her AlexLogan ! ha... Im only messen