» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 514

0 members and 514 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

View Poll Results: Predict the winner of the 2010 WTA Australian Open!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serena Williams

2 28.57%
  • Dinara Safina

0 0%
  • Svetlana Kuznetsova

0 0%
  • Caroline Wozniaki

0 0%
  • Elena Dementieva

1 14.29%
  • Venus Williams

0 0%
  • Victoria Azarenka

0 0%
  • Jelena Jankovic

0 0%
  • Vera Zvonareva

0 0%
  • Agnieszka Radwanska

0 0%
  • Maria Sharapova

0 0%
  • Justine Henin

2 28.57%
  • Kim Clijsters

2 28.57%
  • other (look below)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a reason to watch women's tennis again! Maria Kirilenko....ooohhhh yeah...
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    I have a reason to watch women's tennis again! Maria Kirilenko....ooohhhh yeah...
    Was that a shot at women's tennis?.. or are you thoroughly enjoying the wta?

Maria Kirlenko has got the court manners of a cow.

And I'm sure the brain too.. but I don't want to insult cow's.
    Last edited by Robyna; 01-25-2010 at 05:05 AM.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    Maria Kirlenko has got the court manners of a cow.

And I'm sure the brain too.. but I don't want to insult cow's.
    That's pretty harsh. Why does she have the brain and court manners of a cow??
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

lol, yeah, why would you say that Robyna? btw, in some countries, cows are worshiped.

Cause, listen to her speeches and what she has to say, she says things that most players wouldn't have the courage to say, oh and not in a 'good' way either.
    Her behavior to other players in several cases, is disrespectful. When she was versing Jie Zheng, Jie Zheng pumped her fist cause she thought the point was hers, Maria thinking it was out pulled a smile across her face and almost rolled her eyes, and same thing happened in the Safina match, similar events for Sharapova too. Maybe she doesn't see her behavior as inappropriate - but that only shows her arrogance furthermore. If you think that her beauty makes her a good person, then I don't have much to say..

Oh, and Lawn Tennis, AHAHA, yes, actually the country I was born in has cows as their major god so I am well aware of that, thanks. eat a cow and face persecution 'LOL'..
    Last edited by Robyna; 01-26-2010 at 07:17 AM.
    -Tupac Shakur

Quote Originally Posted by Robyna View Post
    Cause, listen to her speeches and what she has to say, she says things that most players wouldn't have the courage to say, oh and not in a 'good' way either.
    Her behavior to other players in several cases, is disrespectful. When she was versing Jie Zheng, Jie Zheng pumped her fist cause she thought the point was hers, Maria thinking it was out pulled a smile across her face and almost rolled her eyes, and same thing happened in the Safina match, similar events for Sharapova too. Maybe she doesn't see her behavior as inappropriate - but that only shows her arrogance furthermore. If you think that her beauty makes her a good person, then I don't have much to say..

Oh, and Lawn Tennis, AHAHA, yes, actually the country I was born in has cows as their major god so I am well aware of that, thanks. eat a cow and face persecution 'LOL'..
    Never said she was a good person. You're probably right, she is an arrogant prick. She's still hot though

i like Kirilenko's game. she hits the ball with authority for her size. i think her biggest milestone will be to overcome her lack of confidence during big moments. it doesn't happen every time, but when it really matters, she falls apart. not that i'm a Kirilenko expert but i saw a few of her matches during the USO when she made it to like the 4th round.

As for court manners. what i've seen of her does not imply disrespect toward her opponents. who knows though, maybe i'm looking away at the wrong moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    i like Kirilenko's game. she hits the ball with authority for her size. i think her biggest milestone will be to overcome her lack of confidence during big moments. it doesn't happen every time, but when it really matters, she falls apart. not that i'm a Kirilenko expert but i saw a few of her matches during the USO when she made it to like the 4th round.

As for court manners. what i've seen of her does not imply disrespect toward her opponents. who knows though, maybe i'm looking away at the wrong moments.
    I think I see what Robyna is talking about, but I don't think she does it in rudeness. She is a small girl stature-wise compared to most of the bigger, more muscular girls on tour. I am sure that she heard about that quite a bit coming up. She gets down on herself and mopes, shrugs her shoulders, talks to herself, rolls her eyes, etc..... I think she does it more out of embarrassment when she is losing. That will go away with some time hopefully.

AlexLogan- And that's what counts! Oh, and by the way, when you said 'ohhhh yeahh' in post # 17 were you trying to do a Quagmire impersonation?
    Lawn Tennis- Yeah, she's a excellent player. Never mentioned she wasn't. Cheers to her for getting to the 4th round. Still a cow when it comes to court manners though.
    tennisking1- i think it's more so out of bad temper and arrogance.. either way, it SHOULD go away for the better of her.
    -Tupac Shakur

The final's coming around!!!
    Lol, its at 3:30, and I have 2 go to karate at 9, so I might miss it.
    I'm going to root for Henin, but its probably going to be really close..

Quote Originally Posted by 03White View Post
    The final's coming around!!!
    Lol, its at 3:30, and I have 2 go to karate at 9, so I might miss it.
    I'm going to root for Henin, but its probably going to be really close..
    WHAT! you can't do that! jk I missed the men's USO final because I was playing tennis, so i know where you're coming from. in hindsight however, i would have watched the match live. my brother gave away the score accidentally!