» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 513

0 members and 513 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

View Poll Results: Where would you most like to play?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rod Laver Arena

0 0%
  • Court Phillippe Chatrier

3 33.33%
  • Centre Court, Wimbledon

2 22.22%
  • Arthur Ashe

3 33.33%
  • The 02 Arena

1 11.11%

If there was one tennis arena you could play at, which?

Would it be Rod Laver Arena, Court Phillippe Chatrier, Center Court or Arthur Ashe...or the 02 arena?
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

There's a girl on this forum (name Robyna) who said she played a final in the Rod Laver arena in a junior tournament. pretty cool.

For me, the clay court season is the ultimate. Great tournaments, beautiful venues, and longer tennis matches that aren't all about power. My first choice is the French Open stadium court but the Italian Open and Monte Carlo are very close behind.

I have to say, i don't think there's anything quite like an epic Arthur Ashe night match under the lights when it comes to atmosphere and ambience. Wimbledon comes close. I dunno why, but the French open just seems to lack atmosphere (apart from the semis and final matches of course)
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    I have to say, i don't think there's anything quite like an epic Arthur Ashe night match under the lights when it comes to atmosphere and ambience. Wimbledon comes close. I dunno why, but the French open just seems to lack atmosphere (apart from the semis and final matches of course)
    Not even close. If you like loud and obnoxious, the U.S. Open is the one. However, for an all out tennis experience, Wimbledon and the French are by far the way to go. The French has more of a "worldly", suave feel to it and Wimbledon has the old world, country club feel. Both steeped in tradition, but the French is more cutting edge and Wimbledon old-school. As for the U.S. Open, it is more like going to the fair. They are all awesome tournaments, but the French Open has the "feel" that I like. You guys should make it a point to go to those tournaments one day. Pretty impressive.......

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    Not even close. If you like loud and obnoxious, the U.S. Open is the one. However, for an all out tennis experience, Wimbledon and the French are by far the way to go. The French has more of a "worldly", suave feel to it and Wimbledon has the old world, country club feel. Both steeped in tradition, but the French is more cutting edge and Wimbledon old-school. As for the U.S. Open, it is more like going to the fair. They are all awesome tournaments, but the French Open has the "feel" that I like. You guys should make it a point to go to those tournaments one day. Pretty impressive.......
    i certainly will some day. so TK, were you able to make a round 1 apperance apperance at any slams?

After watching my two favorite players slug it out there for three years I couldn't not pick center court at Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    i certainly will some day. so TK, were you able to make a round 1 apperance apperance at any slams?
    Just qualifying. I just missed making into the French.

Just qualifying. I just missed making into the French.
    that's still pretty awesome

that's still pretty awesome
    I am still mad that I didn't make it into the main draw. I had whipped the guy I lost to twice before, but I had a tough previous match and he had a walkover. I lost 7-5 in the final set. I just didn't have any more gas in the tank as I tend to be lanky/muscular and had burned up my reserves the day before. Had I known then what I know now, I would probably have a better story to tell. Crushed bananas in cooked oatmeal in a small container are now my on-court weapon. Three teaspoons followed by water every changeover. Keeps you running like a Lexus..........

I am still mad that I didn't make it into the main draw. I had whipped the guy I lost to twice before, but I had a tough previous match and he had a walkover. I lost 7-5 in the final set. I just didn't have any more gas in the tank as I tend to be lanky/muscular and had burned up my reserves the day before. Had I known then what I know now, I would probably have a better story to tell. Crushed bananas in cooked oatmeal in a small container are now my on-court weapon. Three teaspoons followed by water every changeover. Keeps you running like a Lexus..........
    Well, you've still accomplished more than I'll ever dream of in regards to tennis Were you doing anything other than maybe drinking water and Gatorade? Maybe a banana by itself?.. or just some oatmeal?

I'd go with the 02 Arena. A lot seems to revolve around it.

Though I wouldn't mind going for a practice hit at the Rod Laver once all the construction's done.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

Well, you've still accomplished more than I'll ever dream of in regards to tennis Were you doing anything other than maybe drinking water and Gatorade? Maybe a banana by itself?.. or just some oatmeal?
    Back then I was just drinking Gatorade. (A major reason I had a heat stroke as it threw my electrolytes out of balance.) I would eat good before my matches, but I learned all of these things through coaching. I did not have great coaching when I was coming along. They were great players, but not very good coaches. Oatmeal mixed with banana puree is the way to go. Potassium that is liquified basically and the oatmeal keeps some carbs in you and also settles the stomach at the same time. It absorbs excess acid that your stomach puts out when you are nervous. It actually has a calming effect. Great stuff.......

Wimbledon, Center Court, hands down. Holy ground for all tennis players!

However, I think Roland Garros is more beautiful...