» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 531

0 members and 531 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

2010 Australian Open - Men's Preview

The recent success of players like Del Potro and Davydenko, coupled with the impressive rise of the challenger brigade has somehow changed the equations in men's tennis. As we take one final look at the promising Aussie Open draw, we find out the uncertainty and unpredictability that inevitably surfaces at the year's first Grand Slam.

The 2009 tennis season was so eventful and unpredictable that the current season promises a natural extension of the fighting spirit, ferocity, cut-throat competition and the drama we witnessed during the entire past year. A mere look the draw makes one pick six of the elite men - Federer, Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, Del Potro and Davydenko, but here's the truth, the challenger brigade headed by the likes of Soderling and Verdasco is equally fierce and hungry for Grand Slam glory as any of these mentioned Gentlemen.

I fail to understand why everybody keeps talking about Roger Federer and ......

Read complete preview, click here....!

I have to agree; Federer is the least likely of the top players to win the title. But, Nadal has by far the easier side of the draw. The players that Federer may have to contend with are Hewitt, Ferrer, VERDASCO, Ferrero, DAVYDENKO, DJOKOVIC, TSONGA, Robredo, SODERLING.

Nadal may come up against RODDICK, Querrey, GONZALEZ, Wawrinka, Cilic, Monfils, Stepanek, MURRAY, DEL POTRO. Out of those the only ones who might challenge him (considering his current form) are Gonzo and Delpo. Federer will have a tough time against Verdasco, Soderling and Tsonga. Davydenko and Djokovic will be favorites against him.

It's not looking good for the Fed...
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

No way Djokovic is favorite against Federer especially with his problems in Australia last year. Davydenko is in a run of form but I don't think he can beat Fed in best of 5. Federer owns Verdasco, Soderling, and Tsonga. They're all players that could beat him, but chances are ridiculously high that they wont.
    Last edited by clock-; 01-16-2010 at 09:41 PM.