» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 580

0 members and 580 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 03White View Post
    I didn't see the match, what did he do?
    Everyone says he 'grew up' a bit, but I haven't really watched him much so i can't judge.
    If that was acting better, he truly was a classless idiot before then. Lopez seems to be a pretty decent guy. Roddick screams and yells and raised hell at the umpire when he didn't his way. Knowing me, I probably would have called him out on it had I had the pleasure of playing him. I used to coach I guy named Amit Taggert who was his big rival in the juniors. Amit said that Roddick was an absolute jerk and they nearly got into it everytime they played.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    Exactly. Imagine if Federer wore a sleeveless shirt. He'd look stupid! The only people who can work the tank top are Nadal (obviously) and Verdasco. Everyone else should conceal their guns (or lack thereof).
    I totally agree - tank tops look stunning on Nadal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elize View Post
    I totally agree - tank tops look stunning on Nadal.
    Elize, where have you been? Welcome back

Wink Australian open

I think I do too many things but this year I'll spend more time on this forum.
    I am so sad that Nadal has withdrew from the Australian open No one does look as good as Nadal in tank tops

There was always Agassi's XXXXS shorts which looked - and there's no other way to say this - gay.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

Quote Originally Posted by Elize View Post
    I think I do too many things but this year I'll spend more time on this forum.
    I am so sad that Nadal has withdrew from the Australian open No one does look as good as Nadal in tank tops
    well, you still have Davydenko to look at in his casual wear

There was always Agassi's XXXXS shorts which looked - and there's no other way to say this - gay.
    lol, Andre picked up that taste in clothing from his high school gym teacher

^Well, he was from an earlier era where men unfortunately thought short shorts were okay...
    I mean, speaking as a teenager, Old men wearing shorts over their knee's looks really weird, and middle aged men, would look probably as ridiculous.
    Now, its definetly a lot better, but Aggasi's denim shorts were just unthinkable..

^Well, he was from an earlier era where men unfortunately thought short shorts were okay...
    True, but I think the era of short shorts had long passed by the time agassi wore them. Apart from Becker, his opponents never wore them.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

True, but I think the era of short shorts had long passed by the time agassi wore them. Apart from Becker, his opponents never wore them.
    Actually, Agassi came onto the scene when short shorts made his denim ones look like bermuda shorts. It was bad! Shorts were pretty darn short until about 1991 or 1992. I had a bad, bad, bad experience at a major junior tournament back in 1990 where, after I split stepped coming into the net, a part of me decided to say hello to the crowd. I remember the gasp and the giggles from people watching. I was thoroughly embarrassed and longer shorts to at least mid thigh are in my tennis attire forever more.

I mean, speaking as a teenager, Old men wearing shorts over their knee's looks really weird, and middle aged men, would look probably as ridiculous.
    Now, its definetly a lot better, but Aggasi's denim shorts were just unthinkable..
    i don't think it's the old part that makes short shorts look unusual. can you imagine if Nadal wore Aggasi shorts lol. Men should leave short stuff for women.

^Lol agreed. Except for short sleeves as in tank tops which Nadal wears very well.
    I've had this really weird question for all the men here?

Does wearing shorts over your knees make it harder to run??? Because most of the players, excepting Nadal of course, but even he keeps them high), have them higher their knees.

^Lol agreed. Except for short sleeves as in tank tops which Nadal wears very well.

Does wearing shorts over your knees make it harder to run??? Because most of the players, excepting Nadal of course, but even he keeps them high), have them higher their knees.
    It depends how far below the knees you are talking about. Nadal used to wear the bermuda shorts but they were perfectly fitted so that it didn't restrict movement. His current length shorts I find ideal when I play. Most players wear shorts that end above the knee simply out of tradition and convention or because it's what they are accustomed to.

^Say about, totally covering the kneecap.

Lol, I'm glad nothing is too short for me, excepting Venus Williams' "illusion", and outfit..
    I'm actually a pretty conservative person, so my shorts usually cover like 1/4- 3/8 of my calves.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    Actually, Agassi came onto the scene when short shorts made his denim ones look like bermuda shorts. It was bad! Shorts were pretty darn short until about 1991 or 1992. I had a bad, bad, bad experience at a major junior tournament back in 1990 where, after I split stepped coming into the net, a part of me decided to say hello to the crowd. I remember the gasp and the giggles from people watching. I was thoroughly embarrassed and longer shorts to at least mid thigh are in my tennis attire forever more.
    lol, that's what makes life worth living

it does for me. i like to wear them at or slightly above the knee cap just for agility purposes. when i'm chilln, my shorts will be an inch or two below the knee cap. so are you saying that when you play tennis, you wear shorts that are below then knee by 3 or 4 inches? also, guys and girls shorts are obviously different. you probably wear something tight.. and i would think that would hinder your game even more than what guy 'long' shorts would.

It depends how far below the knees you are talking about. Nadal used to wear the bermuda shorts but they were perfectly fitted so that it didn't restrict movement. His current length shorts I find ideal when I play. Most players wear shorts that end above the knee simply out of tradition and convention or because it's what they are accustomed to.
    i wonder if this has anything to do with Rafa's knee problem?..

^No, i think you misunderstood me. My shorts cover like 3/8 of my entire legs, like from hips to feet.

I doubt wearing shorts could cause Nadal to injure himself, unless he fell down like reallt badly