» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 518

0 members and 518 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Jokes!! Hit for Haiti - Nadal/Roddick/Djokovic vs Federer/Hewitt/Clijsters

"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    i always like to hear the sarcasm in these exhibition/charity events. there's always a bit of truth to a sarcastic comment.

it was very nice of them to raise money for an important cause. =)

Quote Originally Posted by 03White View Post
    it was very nice of them to raise money for an important cause. =)
    Yes. I just saw on "60 Minutes" dead bodies by the hundreds. There was a bulldozer and dump truck taking them to massive graves! Crazy!

That was just another one of Federer's admirable acts of generosity.

+

Djokovic and Rafa = HILARIOUS!

The sarcasm made it all the more enjoyable to watch.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

I wish youtube had footage of the Djoker messing about. I swear Hewitt and Nadal didn't say anything throughout. I guess Rafa had an excuse because his english isn't great but what about hewitt? Maybe it was just that he didn't say anything during that bit.

I think there was something missing though: Murray's salacious wit and charisma. I bet they would have raised twice as much if he'd been there!!

Speaking of Murray, I wonder why Federer didn't ask him to take part. Perhaps it's because Murray has no real friends and is among the dullest players ever to take to a court. Just a suggestion...
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    I wish youtube had footage of the Djoker messing about. I swear Hewitt and Nadal didn't say anything throughout. I guess Rafa had an excuse because his english isn't great but what about hewitt? Maybe it was just that he didn't say anything during that bit.

I think there was something missing though: Murray's salacious wit and charisma. I bet they would have raised twice as much if he'd been there!!

Speaking of Murray, I wonder why Federer didn't ask him to take part. Perhaps it's because Murray has no real friends and is among the dullest players ever to take to a court. Just a suggestion...
    Not a suggestion, fact, I say.

Have you seen the guy playing? He needs emotion. And not just to yell and grunt after every point. The man needs humor. And yes, none of the players seem to say anything about Murray other then 'his a great player, you know, a challenge' but when you look after Rafa and Rog talking about each other it's all more like 'His a wonderful man. The world's best player, in my mind'.

Oh, and Hewitt. Well, I can only imagine him being silent cause of Tomic's presence. They had a huge argument between them, so I guess that must have been a reason of it.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

I was disappointed with Murray today. When he tried to claim that that overhead landed in when he knew it was a foot out. No other top 10 player would have done that. Then the crowd started booing Gicquel for complaining and I felt sorry for him. It's times like these when you realise that Murray really is a massive dickhead.

I don't think Roger and Andy M. care for each other. btw, i picked Murray to win over Federer this slam in the tennis channel "racket bracket" contest.