» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 683

0 members and 683 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: String help...

hey tennisking, just got my raquet restrung with the sythetic gut with duraflex, all my club had was the 16 gage so maybe if I like it I will get some of that online but I will see how I like it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ty17383 View Post
    hey tennisking, just got my raquet restrung with the sythetic gut with duraflex, all my club had was the 16 gage so maybe if I like it I will get some of that online but I will see how I like it soon.
    Very good. If the 16 gauge feels a little stiff, go to the 17 gauge. I think you will like the string. It is solid and very predictable which is something I like myself. If you don't like it, let me know and I will see if I can think of something else. It is much better than the cheaper Babolat strings. Not even fair to compare. Babolat got their name from their excellent gut strings, not their synthetics. Also, if you like the string but you have some "buts" about the string let me know. Sometimes that can be helped with a different tension. Remember, just because you string your racquet at a certain tension with one string, doesn't mean you will great results with a different string at that same tension. You may have to adjust tension to get your desired feel...........

I just tried out a new string (recommended by my stringer). It's Technifiber multi-feel 16g synthetic gut. I love it. It feels almost exactly like Head FXP synthetic gut - a very good thing. It's quite strange how some things are subjective while others not so much. For instance, nobody likes pressureless balls. Anyhow, I hope everything turns out for you.

tried it out tonight, definetly feels different than my older strings(hurricane tour/excel) but I adjusted pretty quick and It felt pretty good. Strung it at 59. gonna be playing more tomorow though so I will tell you how that goes also.

Quote Originally Posted by ty17383 View Post
    tried it out tonight, definetly feels different than my older strings(hurricane tour/excel) but I adjusted pretty quick and It felt pretty good. Strung it at 59. gonna be playing more tomorow though so I will tell you how that goes also.
    Good. Give it a try and if it feels to dead, try the 17 gauge. Much livelier than the 16......