» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 821

0 members and 821 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

The Prince EXO3 Graphite 100

It is rare that I endorse a racquet, but since I just had to switch to Prince because of the academy I now work for, I thought I would share the news of one very fine racquet I just started using. If you like the feel of a players racquet that is forgiving, but still has "pop", this racquet is excellent. It has a ton of spin potential and has excellent feel. Perfect stiffness, power, and stability. I have not been impressed with anything on the market in quite awhile, but this racquet is quite good. It has a 100 square inch head, but plays smaller. Large sweetspot and is truly a pleasure to hit with. One of the best hitting racquets since the Volkl C10 Pro came out back in 1998 or 1999. If you are looking for a tremendous "player's" frame, this may be worth a demo. It is definitely my new frame of choice...........

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    It is rare that I endorse a racquet, but since I just had to switch to Prince because of the academy I now work for, I thought I would share the news of one very fine racquet I just started using. If you like the feel of a players racquet that is forgiving, but still has "pop", this racquet is excellent. It has a ton of spin potential and has excellent feel. Perfect stiffness, power, and stability. I have not been impressed with anything on the market in quite awhile, but this racquet is quite good. It has a 100 square inch head, but plays smaller. Large sweetspot and is truly a pleasure to hit with. One of the best hitting racquets since the Volkl C10 Pro came out back in 1998 or 1999. If you are looking for a tremendous "player's" frame, this may be worth a demo. It is definitely my new frame of choice...........
    i've only played with one Prince racquet ever. all of my strings were broke on my racquets so my friend gave me his spare. i believe it was the Shark model from Prince. i did really well with it and since have been interested in Prince racquets. TK, i may have to demo this frame. i prefer a smaller head size, but will give it a try.

I've never tried it, but it has the same wide body as my Head Microgel Extreme Pro. You can hit the ball from almost anywhere on the stringed and be okay. I like the idea of the thinner beam on the Prince one, I may demo it when I'm playing more than once a week.

i have a few of the EXO graphite sticks. trying to find the right setup. takes a while for me to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by junbug View Post
    i have a few of the EXO graphite sticks. trying to find the right setup. takes a while for me to get used to.
    Give it a little time. It has a ton of feel and once you get your timing down, you will really be wielding a weapon. Has the feel of the old school racquets, but has some new technology intergrated into it and has a little more power.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    I've demoed this frame as well and you are right on with your assesment. I was impressed with the amount of spin you can generate with it and how much pop you can get on a serve. Then I started thinking, hmmm......this racquet feels and looks like the first Prince graphite from back in the '80's. The next week I'm playing doubles with some friends and one guy is using the very same '80's model. I asked him where he got it and he said that it is the one his wife used in highschool and college. Comparing the two there were a couple of changes but over all it is the same racquet made with modern materials. A classic.

string setup?

Quote Originally Posted by junbug View Post
    string setup?
    I use Prince Twisted Polyester throughout. Strung around 60 lbs. That may not be what you like though. It works well with any string I am sure if it works well with what I use.....