» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 205

0 members and 205 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

The Smith Stearns Tennis Academy

www.smithstearns.com

LEGENDARY LEADERSHIP. POWERFUL EXPERIENCE.

We believe tennis is as important as academics and having fun. With a passionate commitment to excellence, we help students achieve a well-rounded life so they are better prepared and poised for success.

Smith Stearns Tennis Academy is one of the premier academies in the country, located at the renowned Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Our academy is headed by Stan Smith (former world #1, Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion) and Billy Stearns (legendary coach and trainer of numerous top junior, collegiate, and professional tennis players.) Director of tennis is B.J. Stearns (winner of 18 national championship titles in the U.S. and former #1 player at the University of Texas) as well as a very strong staff of former touring pros and top collegiate players.

We offer world-class instruction, the very best facilities, and intense on and off court tennis-specific training. This combination allows highly motivated and dedicated players to realize their full potential. Our players include state, sectional, national and world ranked juniors. We also work with collegiate, WTA, and ATP players.

We look forward to helping you achieve your full potential!

Please visit our website for information on housing, academics, tuition, programs, and facilities.

www.smithstearns.com
    Last edited by tennisking1; 02-08-2010 at 11:06 PM.

They should display this post somewhere on site.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    They should display this post somewhere on site.
    I am honored to be working with these guys. Not the normal academy. Everybody on staff really cares about the players. One big family. No arguing, fussing, whining, etc. All of the kids get along like no other place I have coached. One of the things that I noticed immediately was that the players that are 15 to 18 have all been been there for at least 1-2 years which means they really enjoy it and that they feel it is worthwhile. Otherwise, they wouldn't come back. People, if you want to do serious training and feel like your not being lied to and if you want to feel like your money is well spent, I urge you to give us a try. It is a fun and intense atmosphere, but the kids have the best time. The more fun they have, the more they want to play. The more they want to play, the better they get. Pretty simple concept, but as true a concept as there is.......

Quote Originally Posted by tennisking1 View Post
    I am honored to be working with these guys. Not the normal academy. Everybody on staff really cares about the players. One big family. No arguing, fussing, whining, etc. All of the kids get along like no other place I have coached. One of the things that I noticed immediately was that the players that are 15 to 18 have all been been there for at least 1-2 years which means they really enjoy it and that they feel it is worthwhile. Otherwise, they wouldn't come back. People, if you want to do serious training and feel like your not being lied to and if you want to feel like your money is well spent, I urge you to give us a try. It is a fun and intense atmosphere, but the kids have the best time. The more fun they have, the more they want to play. The more they want to play, the better they get. Pretty simple concept, but as true a concept as there is.......
    i tried to find the 20 outdoor clay courts on bingmaps.com i found the island, but didn't see the courts. the resort in which you coach - is it fairly close the the Georgia border?

i tried to find the 20 outdoor clay courts on bingmaps.com i found the island, but didn't see the courts. the resort in which you coach - is it fairly close the the Georgia border?
    It is about 45 minutes from Savannah. We are on the south end of Hilton Head Island. 23 clay courts. Look for Sea Pines Resort and Lighthouse Lane. We are part of Sea Pines........

What would it cost to join for a week or 2 during the summer holidays? If it's open over summer holidays?

- Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    What would it cost to join for a week or 2 during the summer holidays? If it's open over summer holidays?

- Erik
    We definitely train players year round. I will get with B.J. tomorrow and get the details for you. Maybe we can get a cheaper rate for you since you would be coming in from Sweden. I will let you know in a bit...........

Found it. It's 140 miles south of Myrtle Beach, SC. Wow that is a nice area. An island surrounded by breath-taking clear blue water. That's paradise there. It has a nice center court with stadium seating on three sides. I envy you!

Found it. It's 140 miles south of Myrtle Beach, SC. Wow that is a nice area. An island surrounded by breath-taking clear blue water. That's paradise there. It has a nice center court with stadium seating on three sides. I envy you!
    Take a trip and come visit! We have great food, golf, and walking trails, etc. all right next to each other. I live 75 yards from work. It's hard to beat. We are 100 yards from Harbor Town Golf Club where the Heritage golf tournament is played. The people on this island are phenomenally nice and I just spent all afternoon working with Stan Smith who has won Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. He is a big part of the academy and is ultra nice. When he is in town, he is at the academy helping players. He still does a ton of stuff with the USTA and goes and watches Andy Roddick since Andy is the American #1. He is happy to offer advice and really does care about the players in the academy. We are a fun bunch of coaches and players, but the training is very high level and you leave with a better game and also the knowledge of how to actually work on your game once you are gone from the academy.

We are quite close to Charleston and Savannah as well...........

TK, i sure would like to. there's an ATP 250 tournament in Houston, Texas around March i think. aside from that, i really don't have a vacation destination and would love to make it Hilton Head Island! i'll have to check with my friends and family as we normally meet somewhere. let us know what you think of the academy once you get a month or two under your belt.

TK, i sure would like to. there's an ATP 250 tournament in Houston, Texas around March i think. aside from that, i really don't have a vacation destination and would love to make it Hilton Head Island! i'll have to check with my friends and family as we normally meet somewhere. let us know what you think of the academy once you get a month or two under your belt.
    You got it! We would be glad to have you over here. You will eat yourself into oblivion on this island. There are more places to eat here than I can tell you about and they are all awesome. We have an inn within 30 yards of the courts and it is just as close to the golf course. Glad to show you around if you come over.......

Excellent

Spring Break time! You guys and gals that want to get some serious training in, please give us a look. This is the place to be for tennis............

We have been packed with players lately. Thanks to all of you that have shown interest. We currently have 15 or so fulltime students who are top 50 in their age divisions in the entire U.S.. I would say 8 of those are top 20 in their age brackets. The rest of the fulltime students are all very highly ranked sectionally. Not to mention a few new up and comers who have shown some SERIOUS improvement in the short time they have been with us. Good job to all! Not bad for an academy that intentionally keeps its fulltime enrollment under 40 players. For any of you out there that are looking for training and coaching from a smaller, hands on academy with good attitudes and no "He/She is the next big thing", please give us a try. The players matter to us, whether they turn pro, play college tennis, or just want to be a great junior player. It's not just about tennis, it's about learning good sportmanship and maturing into a good person and respected athlete. If those things matter to you, please check out our website.
    http://smithstearns.com/