» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 514

0 members and 514 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

View Poll Results: Who will capture the most titles this year?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Novak Djokovic

1 33.33%
  • Andy Murray

0 0%
  • Rafael Nadal

0 0%
  • Nikolay Davydenko

1 33.33%
  • Andy Roddick

0 0%
  • Juan Martin Del Potro

0 0%
  • Fernando Verdasco

1 33.33%
  • Roger Federer

0 0%

Who will capture the most titles this year?

Before you all say Federer, bear in mind that he basically only plays the Slams and the Masters
    Last edited by AlexLogan; 02-25-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

Good point. I will guess Verdasco. I bet he's going to be out there at more events than most of the top ten crowd. He's a dominate player when he wants to be and his aggressive groundies are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    Good point. I will guess Verdasco. I bet he's going to be out there at more events than most of the top ten crowd. He's a dominate player when he wants to be and his aggressive groundies are the best.
    Yes they are. I'm surprised you went for Verdasco. In fact, he's not playing as many tournaments as he did last year; only the Slams, Masters and a few 500 events. I hope he's going to win a few more titles (one so far this year), but unfortunately he's enormously inconsistent and his temperament lets him down. But when he's playing well, he's really dangerous, a bit like Gonzo used to be in his younger years. If he could just get his head right, I don't see why he can't win a Masters or a Slam
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

Davydenko plays the most tournaments, and alot of them are without other top 10 players.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLogan View Post
    Yes they are. I'm surprised you went for Verdasco. In fact, he's not playing as many tournaments as he did last year; only the Slams, Masters and a few 500 events. I hope he's going to win a few more titles (one so far this year), but unfortunately he's enormously inconsistent and his temperament lets him down. But when he's playing well, he's really dangerous, a bit like Gonzo used to be in his younger years. If he could just get his head right, I don't see why he can't win a Masters or a Slam
    Yeah, I guess I should've looked at his schedule before voting. He normally played in quite a few tournaments, and I thought history would repeat itself. I'll stick with Verdasco. I think he's going to make it to the semis at Roland Garros.

Quote Originally Posted by clock- View Post
    Davydenko plays the most tournaments, and alot of them are without other top 10 players.
    He's been playing so well lately, I wonder how much he cares to win the smaller tournaments. Do you know his schedule?

Nope, but he's played ~30 tournaments for the past few years.

Andy Murray lead the way in 09 with six titles, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    Andy Murray lead the way in 09 with six titles, right?
    unfortunately, he did. but i don't think he'll win the most this year

There's nothing going on right now in the tennis world. I don't know what to do some times