» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 521

0 members and 521 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Head Liquidmetal Radical Grip

OK, so I bought this racquet about 2 weeks ago and Love it so much however the only downfall I have with it is it's grip. Everytime I play in the humid sun I sweat a bunch and my grip gets exceptionally slippery. I have had 2 serves and a few kill shots that could have been easily put home but I slipped as I hit the ball therefore mishitting it. The grip is the "Head Hydrocontrol" which feels nice and dry when I hold it but when I play its not working that great. My concern is maybe I haven't broken it in enough or something but if it is just the grip, what should I buy to replace it? I love this grip because it doesn't provide an excess in padding, infact it is just enough so its cusioned, yet you can still feel the handle well. I am a bit confused on grips though, I never really have delt with it much. All help is much appreciated.

stores

My first suggestion would be to find a tennis proshop and look further into it from there.

If that fails you could always search around of google of forums about this, those tend to be very helpful when decided on almost anything.

Or if nothing else you could just buy some thin overgrip and see if that works.

I ended up doing B and C...I researched online and decided to try the Tourna Grip over grip and see how that does, and it wasn't too expensive so if it works then I'll keep it...only thing I am weary about is the fact that it doesn't last long. However I also don't play 5 set matches and practice 5 days a week, so I wont exactly be putting this grip through its paces all at once. If it doesn't work well though, I might just turn to getting a new grip...