» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 669

0 members and 669 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

I'm Dan, I/m pretty much new to the sport. Saw some friends playing in the courts one day and thought, hey...I should try it. Hence, here I am.

I was told that I should get a second hand racquet first...cheaper and good value for money.

I was searching around and I'm looking at this model...

Wilson [K]Factor Blade Team.

It's the same as that of Serena and Venus Williams.

Better news is that I heard it's not too expensive.

Anyone know where I can find a 2nd hand one?

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,
    I would check with some local pro shops or a golfsmith if you have one in your area and see if they have any demos for sale. They may be a bit used but you can find pretty good deals. Also while you are there check out some of the other deoms and take a few out for a spin and see what feels good to you.

Welcome to the site.

Hey welcome to the site. Smart guy to ask. When I first got into tennis, I made the mistake of not asking questions. Whatever you do, don't start off with anything other than a beginner's racquet. Yes it will have more power and less overall control, but if you have to generate your own power without having good form, you'll end up with bad habits. Look for a wider-framed beginner racquet (i.e., not a bigger head size, but a thicker frame) - this will give you predictable directional control. Good luck out there and have fun.