» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 538

0 members and 538 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

The Final Two *Spoiler*

Nadal versus Soderling

Could we have picked a better duo? I sure can't wait. Some of you may have wanted to see Federer in the final. Of course, he just wasn't the better player against Soderling, so Robin will make for a more interesting final.

This ought to be a great match; Nadal looking for a little revenge for last year's ousting, and playing great vs. Soderling who just eats high bouncing topspin shots up then spits em back hard and flat. Robin has been playing as well as anyone on tour over the last year and I look for him to pull out the win. It will be nice to have a Swede back winning a slam after a long absence. Regardless of who wins it ought to be entertaining to have these two different styles matching up against each other while both players are at the peak of their games.

I don't think I've ever seen Nadal serve better than he did today. Hopefully he'll keep it up to bag the no 1 rank again.

I thought Nadal was hitting his forehand with a lot more pace. They looked like 100 mph forehands yet still thoroughly loaded with topspin!

The result of this match hinges on how deep and accurate Nadal's groundstrokes are going to be. It will be a great match up though. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Soderling will take the first one or two sets and Nadal will come back to win it in five but frankly any result is possible.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."

absolutely any possibility. i was thinking if Soderling could get off to a good start, that he would likely win it in four or five. contrary to that, if Nadal wins the first set or better, two, i don't think Soderling will have enough time to gain rhythm. I'll be rooting for the underdog as usual.