» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 499

0 members and 499 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

A topic about nadal

Hey tennisw folks, it's been a while since i went online but i have a question, or a few questions. The first one, is Nadal so successful because he is left handed? While 95% of the people in the world play with the right hand (don't know how many that plays on the tour) there will be the backhand that is going to face the heavy topspin which of course is harder to hit then the forehand. I'm right handed, and play like Nadal, trying to pump on the backhand (or the forehand, but as the backhand almost is weaker for every player on high topspin balls, i prefer to play on the backhand) with high topspin. Here comes the next question, when Nadal faces players like Verdasco and Belluci which also is left handed, how does he play? (I'm wondering because this is the position I'm in).
    Forehand cross is easier to hit then the Forehand straight, right? Or is it, While using tons of topspin? If it is, Should i develop my forehand cross so i could keep it cross against the forehand for less mistakes?

- Erik

Nadal is amazingly quick and able to predict his opponents game. Also, because Nadal basically plays moonball, his shots rarely find the net.

As for you. Both shots are very important, but the cc should be a default shot, while the dtl would be on an offensive approach at times.