» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 542

0 members and 542 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Federer & Nadal on opposite sides of draw

Is it coincidence that Rafa and Roger are on opposite sides of the draw again? They are no longer ranked one and two, nor are they seeded one and two.

Are you suggesting a conspiracy! lol also it hasn't really mattered of late because poor results by both... it seems strange to think that they haven't played each other since the Madrid Open last year! i wonder if the summer will usher in a renewal of their rivalry?
    My game may well be ugly now... but you will always be ugly!

I'm really hoping we get to real entertainment at RG. Madrid should give us the best idea as to who is gonna tank...

The only thing Madrid has shown so far is how horrendous the players dress sense is... HD coverage means a constant migraine!

The women's RG should be very interesting... i can't see anyone stopping Nadal from reclaiming his crown in RG.

I will wait for Madrid to crown a winner before I predict RG though Nadal is the strong favorite.

On the women's side, I'll take Wozniacki assuming she has recovered from her injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    I will wait for Madrid to crown a winner before I predict RG though Nadal is the strong favorite.

On the women's side, I'll take Wozniacki assuming she has recovered from her injury.
    My money is on Justine Henin at RG. She went out in the first round at Madrid but just won the Stuttgart Open. She's been practically unbeatable in the French.

Nadal is going to be tough to beat on the men's side of things as usual. But I think this year someone unexpected will win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Architeuthis View Post
    My money is on Justine Henin at RG. She went out in the first round at Madrid but just won the Stuttgart Open. She's been practically unbeatable in the French.

Nadal is going to be tough to beat on the men's side of things as usual. But I think this year someone unexpected will win it.
    Ernest Gulbis? Or is he no longer under the radar? Hmm, someone unexpected - Andy. Either one, Murray or Roddick

Venus has hit some form in Madrid - the high altitude clearly favours her power game but still impressed with her serving especially against Stosur. Would be fantastic to see her win at RG and if she can keep her serve together she might have an outside chance.

Has Andy finally regained his form - mightily impressed with his game last night. The constant psuedo-psychosis of him talking to himself throughout was very irritating and doesn't seem to do him any good. And also when did Murray start grunting? I can recall him doing this when serving but not after every shot. Someone should tell him that grunting like a clay courter doesn't make you one!

Yes! Venus at RG

I did not notice Murray grunting. Doesn't make you a clay courter, lol

How about the final on the men's side tomorrow. Everyone is happy we finally get to see them on the court together in some time, aside from the Hit for Haiti fundraisers. I just hope there are good points unlike their last meeting. I'm going to guess that Nadal wins. It's clay, Nadal is looking like '08 Rafa (i.e., collective; willing and able), Federer is looking like '08 Roger (i.e., pushing his limits with his serve and forehand).

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    Ernest Gulbis? Or is he no longer under the radar? Hmm, someone unexpected - Andy. Either one, Murray or Roddick
    Could be Gulbis, Ferrer, Almagro, or even Soderling. It just depends on who gets hot like Del Potro did in the U.S. Open.

Then again Nadal is still the guy to beat. And you can't rule out Federer who just played Nadal in a tight match at Madrid despite having unusually high numbers of UFE-s.

It ought to be a good one this year.
    Last edited by Architeuthis; 06-02-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Wow! Samanth Stosur is on a tear. I knew she was having a great clay court season but she's taking out top players right and left. It would be nice to see her mental hiccups cease and finally break through in a Slam.
    Soderling seems to have caught fire! Perhaps we shall have a little parody this year at RG. It will be refreshing for the game to have some new names winning big tournaments.

Yea, how about that. Stosur started to shine a couple months ago in South Carolina. Taking out Henin and Serena! Amazing.

And couldn't agree with you more. New top 5 players in the mix would make things interesting.